SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has bugged me since I got the car, but figured I could never do anything about it. My clock in the dashboard is consistently fast. I have to set it back 5-10 minutes every month. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Yep, common...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
hahaha glad to know im not the only one! i dont think i have to adjust every month but definitely every so often i will realize its 5 mins fast.

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
mine was slow the 1st few years, but now it's fine. However last month it was sudden 1hr in advance.
I think the regulator (crystal) is not steady and it depands how often you start and get's a higher voltage or lower coz of the higher voltage the alternator gives after starting or something like that. The more you start (short trips) the more often higher voltage and the clock runs too fast. It's a strange bug and that's the only explanation I can think about.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
There were software upgrades to fix this. I think it is a CEM upgrade. My car is fully updated and the clock is spot on.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I believe that was an optional feature on the R for people who can't get their shiat together and be on time.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe that was an optional feature on the R for people who can't get their shiat together and be on time.
Haha! It does actually help get me to stuff on time, until I realize it's 5 minutes fast and just start factoring that in. I'll look into the upgrade next time I'm at the dealer. Thanks cattlecar!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Lmao😂

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Of course time warp from the supreme speed of the car may be the cause.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Jarmo,

its not the voltage or amount of starts or what have you - I rarely drive mine due to broken leg and its still 10 min fast. For 2 months didn't even start it and the last 30 days I drove it about 5 times.

The car just wants to go fast... if it can't go fast on asphalt then it'll please itself with the time giving the illusion that its still going fast! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts