SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some members already know I sold my beloved SR a few weeks ago. It was due to a factor of a few things and was extremely hard to let her go. Whenever I let go of any car it is very important for me to make sure they go to a good and loving home. I can honestly so I feel more than happy with the new owner and where my car has moved on to. Whoever is in CT keep an eye out!

With that being said I will still be lurking around the R forum and annoying some of you all with updates on my 242 every now and then but wanted to share this. Here were some shots loading her up...

Pic of me and the new owner, Spencer.

And here she sits at her new home!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Cheers big guy! It was great meeting you at Carlisle '13 and keeping up on SS and IG :) What's next?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Adios Chase! Always loved the things you were doing to the R.

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Another R in CT! Woo! I'm pretty sure CT is R central already lol.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
What's up with the Mercedes star on the center caps?

·
Registered
240 Posts
What's up with the Mercedes star on the center caps?
I think because those may be genuine Mercedes SLR McLaren wheels?

But can't wait to see this bad boy around! Nice R

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I think because those may be genuine Mercedes SLR McLaren wheels?
I understand that but it's not right...takes away from the car's beauty.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Appreciate all the kind words, guys.

Cheers big guy! It was great meeting you at Carlisle '13 and keeping up on SS and IG :) What's next?
Same to you, Humza. Here is a little teaser I posted up on IG yesterday.

Bought an E60 M5 a couple weeks ago but have been getting it to my liking (not a fan of black wheels) before posting official pictures. Here are some though...

Finished up the wheels tonight...

Testing out launch control :)
<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v9.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=k4ebn9&s=9">

I understand that but it's not right...takes away from the car's beauty.
Agreed, but never got around to making custom Volvo centers. The center caps on those wheels were a larger diameter so some creative work was needed.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Nice! Great color too :) Did you try hunting for a MT or wanted the SMG specifically? Maintenance costs on one of these is far more daunting than an R but I'll have my fingers crossed that it'll be easy on you!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Much better without that black isht on the wheels.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
It's always tough to let a car go when you put so much time and treasure into it, trust me I know ...

Good luck with the new M, should be a fun ride. Do you guys still own my old Platinum?

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Gone from a 5 banger to a 10 banger :D If BMW had put that V10 in a wagon I'd want to own that wagon...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
And here she sits at her new home!
LOL, yes, her new home at the dealership. It's like the circle of life - they start out at the dealer when you buy them and end up there when the cylinders crack, bevel gear goes, Haldex pump seizes and shocks blow out.

Anyway, congrats on the M5, an amazing car for sure. Where the wheels hard to resurface? I'm currently stuck is a quagmire of bad plasti-dip removal.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice! Great color too :) Did you try hunting for a MT or wanted the SMG specifically? Maintenance costs on one of these is far more daunting than an R but I'll have my fingers crossed that it'll be easy on you!
I honestly didnt. I came across one 6speed to my liking but after reading about the SMG and experiencing one first hand I had to go that route. I was one that always said I'd only own a manual car but the SMG is amazing. Now with that said I made sure to purchase a very well maintained E60 that had the SMG pump and clutch replaced 12k miles ago so hopefully im in the clear for a while :)

It's always tough to let a car go when you put so much time and treasure into it, trust me I know ...

Good luck with the new M, should be a fun ride. Do you guys still own my old Platinum?
Sure do! Dad drives it everyday still.

LOL, yes, her new home at the dealership. It's like the circle of life - they start out at the dealer when you buy them and end up there when the cylinders crack, bevel gear goes, Haldex pump seizes and shocks blow out.

Anyway, congrats on the M5, an amazing car for sure. Where the wheels hard to resurface? I'm currently stuck is a quagmire of bad plasti-dip removal.
Wheels werent bad. In total we knocked it out in 3.5 between my dad and I. Granted we started with a clean surface lol. Just did a light wet sanding with 400 grit, cleaned up all the left over ewwwww, whipped down with rubbing alcohol, let dry in sun, and then laid some paint/clear.

·
3,899 Posts

Plastidip remover, comes in orange. I can strip a whole front end in 2 mins.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1RG6NFGM0PQ7J4KYJYTR

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts