SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say that it's been great here with you guys @ SS. I just got into my new 2009 Jetta Sportwagen.

Candy white, 2.0t, 6MT, and I LOVE IT. Quick little thing and lots of space.

Will be doing the lowering, gti grille conversion, hids, and tune

I'll be hanging around still, but probably mostly on Vortex so I just wanted to say thanks for all the help with everything and goodluck!

Ill post pics when it stops raining.

Update with pics:

Modified by cicatrizdare at 5:50 AM 5-26-2009

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Re: Farewell! Adios! (cicatrizdare)

Sad to see you go. You always said you were a dubber at heart. Can't wait to see your new ride.

Modified by Revolve40 at 1:23 PM 5-26-2009

·
Registered
9,124 Posts

Sad to see we lost another enthusiast... PM if you have any parts to sell off the car.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
No way! Can't say I'm happy for you to be honest...cuz were gunna miss you lol
But congrats I guess and enjoy the 5 year old mentality of vortex...you'll probably be the most mature person there lol.
Pics of the car...

Modified by chromecarz00 at 10:20 PM 5-25-2009

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I'ts been fun bro, thanks for the inspiration on my car: you were one of the ones who got me modding it.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts

today i test drove a jetta sportwagon tdi. absolutely outstanding. i even took it over to lawrence volvo, where 'william'here on ss works, and let one of his other sales guys drive it with me. he liked it also.

it is at the very top of my list for a replacement for our v40. the v50 just did not do it.

the jetta wagon, even with the the driver seat in the most rear position has a back seat leg room larger than our v70!

it drove great. i am sure you will love it. best of luck!

let us know of quirks, reliability, etc, too.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Farewell! Adios! (hastee)

Unfortunately its been raining all day so no good pics. But tomorrow, for sure.

The car is incredible though.

Got it with the dual-zone climate, anthracite leather interior, panoramic sunroof, etc.

It's pretty quick. Haven't gone anywhere close to WOT yet but I can tell the 2.0t wants to move...the 6MT is also very smooth.

I haven't driven many MT cars but I can compare it to a 335i, G35, and an E46 M3 and its incredibly smooth compared to these. Steering nice and tight although I do notice the roll associated with the wagon body.

I have a few mods planned, gonna try and go along a sleeper look though. Probably will do lowering springs or coilovers. Will definitely be doing the DP+INTAKE+Stage 2 tune combination.

The prices are so much cheaper for the VW scene...under 400 for a downpipe...550 for a tune...heh. Under a grand for what would cost me close to 1500-2k on the 40.
Stage 2 on these cars is a nice 276hp/315tq so i'm very excited for break-in period to finish.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

Quote, originally posted by cicatrizdare »
anthracite leather interior

Take some pics of the interior, I am super interested in what this looks like...
and yeah, I love how the tuning scene for almost any other company out there (besides 'luxury/sports' brands ) are so much cheaper than volvo...

·
Registered
3,762 Posts

Sounds sweet. Thanks for your huge contributions to the community man, always loved having ya with us. I am sure however you'll enjoy the new ride

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Farewell! Adios! (sanatarium)

Quote, originally posted by sanatarium »
Sounds sweet. Thanks for your huge contributions to the community man, always loved having ya with us. I am sure however you'll enjoy the new ride

http://********************/smile/emlove.gif

Haha. I'll still be around. Believe me you guys will be stuck looking at pictures of my cars for a while.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Re: Farewell! Adios! (Revolve40)

Quote, originally posted by Revolve40 »
Sad to see you go. You always sad you were a TOOL at heart. Can't wait to see your new ride.

Fixed

Congrats on the new car. I can wholeheartedly back you up with the whole "Volvo has nothing new to offer me" sentiment. I just picked up an 01 V70 for Pete's sake (I drive an '07!).

The 2.0T is a great motor with a TON of potential and aftermarket support. I'm not a huge fan of the following of the marque (VAG as a whole - despite some great cars - even being a former Audi owner), but there are a few gems out there - congrats on being a Swedish - and now German gem http://********************/smile/emthup.gif and enjoy the new whip
Your Swedish presence will surely be missed.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Re: Farewell! Adios! (AthruC)

congrats! sorry to see you move over to another marque but glad to hear you will be sticking around.. but i understand the sentiment. its getting time for me to change my own ride and theres nothing presently in the volvo stable (or even on the horizon) to remotely tempt me.

look forward to seeing pics of ur ride.

VW has been doing really well over here and wiht a huge model range that has something for everyone. even our local VW AD has been getting into it, with tie ups with tuning companies etc.

if you want a more adult conversation about VWs, can consider my local vw forum http://www.vagsg.com ... its quite active, we have 8k members. dont ask why, but im one of the admins for the forum...

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
I like it. I don't have anything against VWs, but I hope the GTI front you are talking about is replacing the chrome grille at the front? I don't like chrome, but if you had that and the little chrome accenting blacked out (matte/satin) I think it will look killer. I like how you mod, so I am sure it will turn out great. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif And I like the interior!

·
Registered
694 Posts

bwahahaha, welcome cicatrizdare.
Go with APR for the tune. I have GIAC but since I'm a N/A motor they're all about the same. +1 on getting rid of that chrome grill. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.