SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, lately I've been getting in my car and the fans will be blowing fully. That, or the battery is dead. On the rare occasion neither happen, it will really struggle to start anyway. Could this be a thermostat problem? I got my battery + alternator tested at 2 different shops today and they both passed every test. Then I went to a pull-it center for a few hours, came out and needed a jump. I just got an amp + capacitor installed for speakers but it didn't do this for the first month that I had them in. What could be the issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
17,295 Posts
Coolant Temp sensor would be the first thing I’d investigate or change.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coolant Temp sensor would be the first thing I’d investigate or change.
Ok cool. It's the inside fans, like blowing in the cockpit, not the engine cooling fans just to be clear. My Volvo scanner is with a friend right now, but I think I did read a coolant temp sensor code on it. I'll replace that and see what's up after. Thanks both of you

·
Registered
17,295 Posts
Ok cool. It's the inside fans, like blowing in the cockpit, not the engine cooling fans just to be clear. My Volvo scanner is with a friend right now, but I think I did read a coolant temp sensor code on it. I'll replace that and see what's up after. Thanks both of you
Hold up. That may be more of a cabin temp sensor issue possibly. These cars have afterblow to dry out the evaporator yours may be confused.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Yeah, the evaporator afterblow feature comes on about 45 min after you turn the car off. It can be turned off in VIDA.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hold up. That may be more of a cabin temp sensor issue possibly. These cars have afterblow to dry out the evaporator yours may be confused.
I found a list of codes I wrote down that it's been throwing since I got it, this is one

CCM-0003: Blowerfan motor pass compartment, tempsensor/evaptemp

What's the part no.?

Yeah, the evaporator afterblow feature comes on about 45 min after you turn the car off. It can be turned off in VIDA.
Any chance you got a laptop with it?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks. Also my alarm siren has been dead for ages, and it goes off once in a while (lights flashing). I'm thinking it's starting to drain the battery perhaps? So I've called my secondary indy who will actually put my replacement siren in next wednesday.

Was fine this morning, got to work, went to get gas, came back and let it sit an hour, then it was dead again. But the key FOB/unlock worked, and fans weren't blowing. I just pulled the blower fan motor fuse after jumping it (fuse 26, with the 30 rating), driving it 10 miles and parking it, going to check in an hour or two if my battery is dead.

Usually it just clicks when I try to start it when it's dead. Sometimes it'll struggle, but usually starts if it does.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
How old is the battery? Driving 10 miles may not give a lot of charge to the battery, especially if fully discharged.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How old is the battery? Driving 10 miles may not give a lot of charge to the battery, especially if fully discharged.
2 years. interstate battery, says it's good for 6 on the battery. I mean, I drive 10 miles home and start it fine, it's just after time it doesn't wanna start. If it does start after sitting for a time, it won't start a second time if I shut it off while parked still.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2 years. interstate battery, says it's good for 6 on the battery. I mean, I drive 10 miles home and start it fine, it's just after time it doesn't wanna start. If it does start after sitting for a time, it won't start a second time if I shut it off while parked still.
Just started up twice no problem after the fan fuse was pulled. I'm thinking it's definitely that but fixing the alarm can't hurt either.

·
Registered
16,810 Posts
Our 02 will do that if they leave fan on high in extreme temps. My vr has done it on occasion too. I use auto and 72 but if I’m worried I will turn fan off before cutting off key. That seems to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
You need a new Evap. sensor, a rather common failure in P2's with miles.

When you find out how much the alarm fix is going to cost you you may just want to delete it. Volvo has software to delete the system entirely and yes, it will probably be cheaper taking it to a dealer than to repair your alarm and battery

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You need a new Evap. sensor, a rather common failure in P2's with miles.

When you find out how much the alarm fix is going to cost you you may just want to delete it. Volvo has software to delete the system entirely and yes, it will probably be cheaper taking it to a dealer than to repair your alarm and battery
Do you have a PN? I keep finding a few different Evap sensors when I look

I have a used alarm already, it works I’m just having someone Install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts