SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have own my XC90 for almost a month now. Overall pretty satisfied, just trying to see if noises I am hear are normal or not. I have only heard this twice now, one over this past weekend and one just right now. When you turn the car off, do you hear a fan spinning down. It is loud and noticeable if the door is open when you turn the car off.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'll give you my guess until someone with more knowledge speaks up. The XC90 has both a turbocharger & a supercharger. The fan might be programmed to run after you shut off the engine for a short time to help cool off the turbo if needed.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Hi all,

I have own my XC90 for almost a month now. Overall pretty satisfied, just trying to see if noises I am hear are normal or not. I have only heard this twice now, one over this past weekend and one just right now. When you turn the car off, do you hear a fan spinning down. It is loud and noticeable if the door is open when you turn the car off.

Thanks in advance!
Is your locale very warm or was this after a long drive? Fans on all cars run for a certain amount of time after shutdown. Unless you're saying this is an abnormal sound, I'd assume it's normal.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Every car I have with electric cooling fans regardless of the brand do this if the car is warm and the AC has been on.
Normal sounding to me.

Mike

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info. I can understand the fan spinning, but the way it spins down is concerning. Here is a video I just took a few moments ago. You will hear a pop and then hear the fan spinning down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts