SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Getting ready to sell my 2005 V50 T5 AWD 6speed and was hoping to get your feedback on a reasonable price. KBB seems way to low, which makes sense given how uncommon this wagon is. Here are some details:

Year 2005
Mileage 131,000
Power & heated front seats
All leather seats
Power & heated mirrors
Premium sound w/ 6 disc changer
Puddle lights, sunroof, etc.

Just did the timing belt and water pump 10k ago
New coolant expansion tank and coolant flush
New front struts
Brake lines just flushed
Tires only have 2yrs on them

Interior is in great shape except for a worn spot on the drivers seat (left arm)
Exterior is in very good shape too.

Thanks for your help as I want to post a fair price, but am not in a huge hurry to sell!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Difficult question considering that "fair" can fluctuate greatly depending on location, currency, etc. Also, when you say milage, are we in fact speaking in miles, or loosely referring to kilometres, because that right there could have a HUGE impact on your asking price.

I always believe the safest way is to just start high but be open to best offers, and use your best judgement from there.

And as far as I'm concerned, not being in a hurry is advantages on your end.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
where will you try to sell it? because if you could come out to colorado.. i'd expect you could get about $5-6k.
but they seem to sell for more than they would in the NY/PA area, or in florida or anywhere in the south.
common, or not, the average buyer of these cars isnt an enthusiast. so it may be easier to sell an automatic, unless you find someone who really is seeking the 6speed.
also its not that rare. I just found a FWD T5 M66 v50 for sale near me. I see them a few times a year... not once every 5 years or something.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
From my experience, the T5 and M66 makes this car desirable to younger (male) drivers or enthusiasts; the AWD makes this car desirable to people in inclined climates or those that are near mountains; the wagon makes this car desirable for those that need utility.

If you're not near an area with populations of potentially interested people (aka younger people) and in a climate that doesn't really require AWD, then the market is going to be a lot softer. That being said, these are pretty rare cars - a lot more rare than S40 T5's. If it's had lots of maintenance and it's in good shape, somewhere in the 7-10k range is not unreasonable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all good points...Thanks.
I live in Midwest (Michigan) and the "mileage" is in miles.
I'm not in a huge hurry to sell so I can wait for someone who is somewhat of an enthusiast.
And yes, I meant uncommon as in not a Honda civic :)

You guys are great as always :)
appreciate some of the feedback.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Ya... in my experience a well-maintained Volvo's true value isn't accurately represented via KBB. Just a frame of reference - when I found a V50 T5 AWD M66 (1 of only 2 for sale in CA at the time), I drove about 6 hours and paid $1500 over kbb to get it. You can't just sit around and wait for a decent one to come up - if you want one, you may have to move a bit of heaven and earth to get it.

That being said, I knew I wanted that exact model because of my experience with my previous S40 2.4i M56. I also knew that buying one that was a bit of a 'fixer' wasn't a great idea... there's always lots of things to fix to get it back to stage 0, even when the car appears to be great.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
what sucks for you is the mileage is a bit high. I see similar spec v50's that have just slightly over 100k miles that are ask 2x$ what you could get for yours. 30k miles isnt much. but your car is at the border of 'higher' mileage cars. Despite the likelihood that these cars will go well into the 200k miles if maintained, over >120k miles just feels old when looking for used cars.
now lets see some pictures of the V!

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
what sucks for you is the mileage is a bit high. I see similar spec v50's that have just slightly over 100k miles that are ask 2x$ what you could get for yours. 30k miles isnt much. but your car is at the border of 'higher' mileage cars. Despite the likelihood that these cars will go well into the 200k miles if maintained, over >120k miles just feels old when looking for used cars.
now lets see some pictures of the V!
Exactly my thoughts. I was even considering a trip to MI. :)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I'll give you 4k :) we just bought an 06 s40 t5 awd with 33k for 10k if that gives you any indication for price. Just look around at other cars in your area

·
Registered
205 Posts
As reference I recently bought a 2007 V50 T5 AWD 6spd several months ago. Very clean, 140K. Needs a variety of maintenance items but nothing out of the ordinary. Only thing it REALLY needed was tires. Paid $7K. I agree, don't be in a hurry to sell it. Get a good price for it.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
very nice pictures. it Even looks like it has the larger 320mm brakes. Its a great all-around package. why not try to sell it on SS?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Red, stick, dark interior. So tempting...
IMO the V50 T5 AWD M66 is the ultimate, yet refined, do-it-all vehicle akin to a subaru outback but much sportier, as fast as their turbo model, smaller, and equally practical. For my needs - home projects, ski & camping trips, long distance driving - I couldn't think of a more flexible vehicle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I guess I hadn't considered posting it on ss. And You guys are making it really hard to sell this things. Love the car, but need the 3rd row :(
Even the second row is way to tight to put two car seats and one adult.

Wish I could justify hanging on to it and getting a bigger vehicle :p

here are some of the pics (thanks pczeilon)

And yes Brown9348, they are the 320mm

:)

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Ya that's actually not bad looking at all. I think someone said it earlier but the best way to get what your asking is to put up as many ads all over the place ( craigslist, eBay, etc) until you find that person who's " looking " for what you got. It's a very specific care with specific taste but it's how I found mine BUT I did get it under KBB. IMO tho id say around the $5,000 range is fair considering the mileage and age. Good looking car tho.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

1 - 20 of 46 Posts