SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Long time Volvo owner here. We are on our 5th since 2011. On my current 2019 Inscription. When I shut the engine I hear a faint beep, this morning I noticed I also get it when turning the engine on. Has anyone ever encountered this before. I didn't hear this on my 18 rDesign when I had it nor do I hear it on my wifes xc60, it's Rather odd every seems to be fucntioning properly just more of a nuisance. Reaching out to you all before I take it in.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Have a MY2019T8i but no siren-like sound from the rear . . .

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
T6s or T8s hearing this sound? (I have zero sound.) What model years?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I've got air suspension but no sound . . .

·
Registered
898 Posts
MY18 RD T6 air suspension
have it
Click click and then a sharp low tone metallic sound. As if a butterfly valve is closing and out of grease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
MY18 RD T6 air suspension
have it
Click click and then a sharp low tone metallic sound. As if a butterfly valve is closing and out of grease.

Not the same sound as I’m experiencing.
Mine sounds like a siren or alarm going off for a split second.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Guys record the sound so we can have something new to listen to. Just leave the phone as close to the source as you can.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, I most likely have the same sound on my 2017 XC90 Inscription w/o air suspension.
Very easy to reproduce. Pull in to the garage, open the windows, and turn off the car.

It does sound like it is coming from the rear of the vehicle.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It's normal. It's more noticeable when you shut off the engine in a garage. I believe its the fuel pressure check or something related to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I finally took my 90 in, as the beep really bothered me and I knew it wasn't normal. There was a bad actuator in the muffler that was causing the sound upon shutting the engine. So they replaced the muffler actuator for the valve in the exhaust and replaced the exhaust pipe on the right side. No beep/squeak of however it was to be identified.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts