SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
04 XC70 16T, Stage 3 Hilton Tuning, D088 Intercooler and piping, Rollin Motor DPing
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to get a MD state inspection today on my 2004 XC70 and it failed for front lower control arm bushings, front rotors and upper motor mount but other than that everything else is in good condition. I guess this is part of my Stage 0 tune and the beginning of some upgrades.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Front LCA bushings and the top engine mount bushing are common failures from what I've read. Both were already replaced on my V70.

I've heard mixed things about pressing new bushings versus replacing the entire LCA (with pre-installed bushings). I've been told you end up paying similar amounts after labor.

·
Registered
04 XC70 16T, Stage 3 Hilton Tuning, D088 Intercooler and piping, Rollin Motor DPing
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Front LCA bushings and the top engine mount bushing are common failures from what I've read. Both were already replaced on my V70.

I've heard mixed things about pressing new bushings versus replacing the entire LCA (with pre-installed bushings). I've been told you end up paying similar amounts after labor.
im just replacing the LCA.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Yeah I've been debating this too--the press time vs cost of new arms. Prolix seemed to suggest that in the hands of a good shop, the former might save some money.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Buy new arm, keep the old arms and have them serviced the next time the bushing go, this way you minimize your down time and will save money on the next service (you know there will be a next time). If you're familar with the shop with a press it should take them .5 hour to press in new bushing.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Lemforder LCAs are the same as Volvo OE (Lemforder makes most suspension parts, engine mounts are Hutchinson) but cheaper.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Buy new arm, keep the old arms and have them serviced the next time the bushing go, this way you minimize your down time and will save money on the next service (you know there will be a next time). If you're familar with the shop with a press it should take them .5 hour to press in new bushing.
i got a press at my job so i'll do that there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts