SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in an apartment building in California.

I am unable to pair MY2018 S90 HomeLink with the garage opener device even though I followed the instructions carefully.

On step 3), I get the quick flashes, which, according to the manual, means that extra steps are needed due to security function.

The trouble is though that the building in which I live does not seem to have that programming button on the garage door as described.

What can I do?

Pictures attached.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I programmed my home link on my V90 last weekend, I got confused by the long flashes and based on the manual, I thought it needed extra programming. Here is what I did and hopefully it will help.
  1. Press and hold the two outside buttons under the mirror until the LED starts to blink, release buttons. I think I pressed 30 seconds.
  2. Press and hold the desired HomeLink button and the transmit button on your rolling code transmitter at the same time until the HomeLink LED changes from a slow orange blink to a rapid green blink. This is where it looks like it needs more programming.
  3. Once the green light starts flashing quickly, do short presses one to three times (about 5 seconds apart) and you should see your garage door/gate start moving with one of the presses. For some reason, those button presses help complete the programming.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I programmed my home link on my V90 last weekend, I got confused by the long flashes and based on the manual, I thought it needed extra programming. Here is what I did and hopefully it will help.
  1. Press and hold the two outside buttons under the mirror until the LED starts to blink, release buttons. I think I pressed 30 seconds.
  2. Press and hold the desired HomeLink button and the transmit button on your rolling code transmitter at the same time until the HomeLink LED changes from a slow orange blink to a rapid green blink. This is where it looks like it needs more programming.
  3. Once the green light starts flashing quickly, do short presses one to three times (about 5 seconds apart) and you should see your garage door/gate start moving with one of the presses. For some reason, those button presses help complete the programming.
Thanks for your reply-- unfortunately, it did not resolve my problem. I'll keep looking and will post here should I find any solution.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My guess, and it’s a guess, is that you have to see if there is a “learn” button somewhere in the main housing. might want to check with the manufacturer or the installer to see if a learned code can be used.
good luck

·
Registered
2017 Volvo S60 T6 AWD R Design Platinum
472 Posts
My guess, and it’s a guess, is that you have to see if there is a “learn” button somewhere in the main housing. might want to check with the manufacturer or the installer to see if a learned code can be used.
good luck
I think this is the issue. In my limited experience trying to program two Homelink systems to an older system that had no 'learn button' on the receiver (at the motor), I needed to purchase a receiver with a learn button in order to get Homelink to work. The rolling code system is, I believe, why the learn button is necessary. Since yours is a more commercial system at your apartment building, you may need the assistance of the owner/maintenance or possibly inquire of the electric gate company or Elite the manufacturer. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts