SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to convert my US V70 R to metric. i am curious to know what is being used for the climate control units, Fahrenheit or celsius, in different countries. so please share here which one you have and the country where you bought your R.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Are the CCMs plug n play? or would you just have to swap the face plate?

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
It's already in Celsius. Just swap the faceplate... The reason the middle CCM position is 72F is because it's 22C. They're identical in terms of temperature range. Also as an American who detests the English system I applaud your choice.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Canada uses Celsius. I'm not sure if you can just change the whole CCM out but I just changed the cover on mine. I picked up a unit near Toronto for about $10CAD. If you look on car-part.com you can find some in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Also there are different face plates depending on your model year so make sure you get the correct one.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Canada uses Celsius. I'm not sure if you can just change the whole CCM out but I just changed the cover on mine. I picked up a unit near Toronto for about $10CAD. If you look on car-part.com you can find some in the U.S.
So all cars sold in Canada use Celsius?
Any other country have them in Fahrenheit?
I went to car-part.com and found one for $25. But I had to request a wore from the seller, I would actually be surprise if they were in Celsius even though it was a search result with Celsius in the query.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Swapped mine on a used unit back to Celcius and am now trying to sell (my caR) to a US forum member who wants Fahrenheit - will let you know.
Also have the Canbus extender, which allows you to pick metric or US units for a range of info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Swapped mine on a used unit back to Celcius and am now trying to sell (my caR) to a US forum member who wants Fahrenheit - will let you know.
Also have the Canbus extender, which allows you to pick metric or US units for a range of info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would have to be 2004 like my car to be compatible.
I already converted external temp to Celsius, 24h time display, fuel consumption in l/100km and fuel range in kilometers, all using Vida/Dice without using a Canbus extender.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
So all cars sold in Canada use Celsius?
Any other country have them in Fahrenheit?
I went to car-part.com and found one for $25. But I had to request a wore from the seller, I would actually be surprise if they were in Celsius even though it was a search result with Celsius in the query.
I believe all the Canadian cars were in °C. However, if you look for used ones you will find °C and °F in both the US and Canada. The reason is because so many of the cars crossed the border and died in either country. So you need a 2004 only because this was the only year that had the right colour and shape. I have my whole car in metric except for I use MPG because I cannot buy litres and the roads are all in miles. CCM °C, outside temp °C, Clock 24hr. Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts