SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Factory hitch + Exterior Styling Kit

Here's a video too:
Really cool! I've been wanting to take our XC90 T8 out as well but am still waiting to wear out the Pirelli. First priority is winter tires, and I already a second set of wheels for off-road/summer tires... BTW, what size KO2 size did you go with? I watched your vid and you mention 18". I couldn't find 19" that were approved for T8 so went with a second set of 20". There are a few options available at 265/50x20 but nothing I'm terribly excited about. On our 2010 XC90 we have 255/55x18 General Grabber2 for our overlanding adventures and summer/fall driving which have been great.

BTW, love how awesome the KO2 look on your XC60 - reminds me of the original XC90 Concept.

·
Registered
442 Posts
While not an R Design I installed the OEM hitch on my Inscription today. Easy.

Should start a “what did you do to your XC60 today” thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
While not an R Design I installed the OEM hitch on my Inscription today. Easy.

Should start a “what did you do to your XC60 today” thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do either of you have a picture under the bumper showing what they had to cut? I've got an OSD started and need to make a decision on whether or not to have them install the factory hitch. Appreciate the help if either of you have pictures or information.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
442 Posts
Do either of you have a picture under the bumper showing what they had to cut? I've got an OSD started and need to make a decision on whether or not to have them install the factory hitch. Appreciate the help if either of you have pictures or information.

Thanks,
Ryan
It’s dark here and the car is dirty. I can take more tomorrow if you need them. I made the cut with a small dremel. I’ve read of a newer option that you might consider that doesn’t involve cutting. Anyway photos.

Enjoy your OSD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
"...and can drag on inclines."

Not with you on that last point...the bumper cutting allows the hitch to be higher off the ground, so it's going to be less likely to strike the ground than anything that goes under the bumper.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
"...and can drag on inclines."

Not with you on that last point...the bumper cutting allows the hitch to be higher off the ground, so it's going to be less likely to strike the ground than anything that goes under the bumper.
The OEM hitch assembly and emergency chain eyelets hang down at least 4 inches past the bumper:

Whereas, the Stealth Hitch emergency chain eyelets do not hang down past the bumper:

On steep driveways, I can see it dragging.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got the OEM hitch installed at my dealer as I was there to replace my windshield from a stray rock hitting it on the road. I requested they do not install the electrical components as I was only using it to attach a bike rack. Overall I’m happy, but that side plate for the electrical does stand out if you’re on your knees.
:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts