SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, does anyone have the factory subwoofer in their car?.

I have dynaudio system and was thinking about adding the factory sub if I can find one.

I was just wondering if anyone has one who could take photos of the wiring to it?. Does it require a new harness and if so how big is the harness and can it be purchased from volvo?.

Also if installed on dynaudio system is there an option in the menus for the subwoofer and would this need a software update?.

If anyone was selling I would be interested.

Not very much information online about it at all.

Is there an online parts catalogue for Volvo I could look up all components needed?.

Like ford have ecat?.

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I have never to date seen a p3 subwoofer. I know it exists and it can be purchased, but I've never seen someone buy one. I believe they are a $1,266 retail for the sub alone kind of cost price point, which is probably why no one has purchased.

Here is a link to the parts diagram

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, they seem to be only fitted to the sport models here in the UK. I thought LUX was the top trim for the V70 but I have seen a few sport models with every single extra fitted to them. The subwoofers can be found at vehicle dismantlers across europe and can be had for as little as £150.

I actually own a Volvo S80 Executive. Currently looking into adding a 12" subwoofer and a set of 5x7 speakers under the rear shelf. Maybe some sort of DSP or EQ like a pioneer DEQ-S1000a or an Alpine PXA.

Seem to be very few who upgrade like you say though. While the dynaudio system is really pretty excellent for standard in car it does lack a little with the lower frequencies. Also the rear speakers are mainly surround and not full range so are more fill in speakers.

I would probably have to make some sort of cable to connect to the amplifier under the seat which would run to the DSP and then to the amp and speakers and sub.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The underfloor woofer was phased out with the interior facelift when the ICE & dash where replaced with the twin hump dash in MY 2012.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts