SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Factory Subwoofer for '01-'07 V70 and 200 Watt PA-200 Volvo Amp

For sale is a factory subwoofer for an '01 - '07 V70. Replaces the tray above the spare tire, amp is built-in. The subwoofer is a rare option and makes a huge improvement to the sound quality of the factory audio system. Many V70s have the wiring built in, especially '04+ cars. $350 shipped, or $300 picked up in Boston.

Also for sale is a 200 watt PA-200 Volvo amplifier for P2 cars. It installs under the passenger seat and substantially improves sound quality from the door speakers. Includes the wiring harness from the amp to the radio. $80 shipped.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
PM'd

·
Registered
749 Posts
PA-200 or PA-300? The ad is confusing.

·
Registered
749 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no software does not NEED to be installed, but software creates a different audio profile in the HU so it will sound different!
If you can hear the difference, you can have it for free. The audio input is a high level tap from the rear pillar speakers. There's no magic here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
V70 subwoofer

Hey,

Is the V70 subwoofer still for sale?

·
Registered
345 Posts
What type of cable connection is available in the spare tire cargo area? Does anyone have a picture? I bought one of these elsewhere but am unsure how to properly hook it up or wire it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
What type of cable connection is available in the spare tire cargo area? Does anyone have a picture? I bought one of these elsewhere but am unsure how to properly hook it up or wire it.
You probably should have checked to see if your car is pre-wired for the subwoofer before buying the actual subwoofer as I don't think the harness is available for sale any longer, but here are the pictures that you seek:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?58090-V70-P2-fitting-subwoofer-factory-stock-unit

·
Registered
345 Posts
You probably should have checked to see if your car is pre-wired for the subwoofer before buying the actual subwoofer as I don't think the harness is available for sale any longer, but here are the pictures that you seek:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?58090-V70-P2-fitting-subwoofer-factory-stock-unit
Thanks for sharing that link. I actually cut out the plastic harness connector when I found the unit (the main connector that goes into the subwoofer unit). I wonder if there is some way to splice that into the car for it to work?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts