SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have been considering picking up a set of BBS aftermarket wheels for the S90.

I have never been one to like that aftermarket/modder look though.

Bacause of this I have been thinking of ways of fitting factory center caps, you know these, to the BBS wheels.

The problem is that Volvo factory wheels have a 60mm hole for the center caps, but BBS wheels seem to have 56mm center caps.

Is anyone aware of any aftermarket center caps with the Volvo design that will fit? Or maybe there is some way to buy the kit above from IPD and somehow mod it to fit?

I'd appreciate any ideas.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I’m in Sweden now but will share what my winter BBS wheels will look like when I get back. I promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m in Sweden now but will share what my winter BBS wheels will look like when I get back. I promise.

Much obliged!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Not sure if this helps or not but Dave Barton has a site that has a lot of unusual Volvo items (mostly for older Volvo's - I got stuff from him for by 240 - but maybe some items are of use in our newer cars - prancing mooses!?). He has a page for centercaps which includes stickers you might be able to put on other center caps. Unfortunately Dave has fallen foul of a clampdown by Volvo on its copyright/trademark so the Volvo logoed stuff is no longer available but there is still some interesting stuff nevertheless.

https://www.prancingmoose.com/centercaps.html

·
Registered
29 Posts
Another option is to visit your local vinyl shop and have new ones printed to fit your caps. In the MINI world there are hundreds of cap decal designs available and a few of the shops do custom work.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another option is to visit your local vinyl shop and have new ones printed to fit your caps. In the MINI world there are hundreds of cap decal designs available and a few of the shops do custom work.
I wonder how good that would look, considering the fact that the modern Volvo center-caps are not flat.

Product Auto part Wheel Rim Automotive wheel system

I'm wondering if I can dremel off the bottom and somehow attach them to the clips that come with the BBS center caps and make it work somehow. They would protrude a couple of mm instead of being flush with the face of the wheel, but it might not look bad...

·
Registered
443 Posts
So as promised here are the center caps I made for the bbs wheels.
Took some eBay/amazon but I like the end product. Could be better color match but it is what it is. Plus it’s winter wheel set up.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So as promised here are the center caps I made for the bbs wheels.
Took some eBay/amazon but I like the end product. Could be better color match but it is what it is. Plus it’s winter wheel set up.

Thank you for that.

Would you mind speaking a little bit about what you did and how?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sure can. This is what I got. On the eBay custom logo I wrote them I want dark silver background with the polestar. You could also try the Volvo that is in the first photo. 55-56 mm works with the caps. The caps from amazon are a good fit but to make sure they stay I used hot air to bend the tabs just a bit further for more secure fit. As I recall 3 out of 4 need it. Little hot glue on the tabs would also work. I went even further yesterday and got some oof self healing film and that was it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts