SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I purchased FSM760W plan for my 2007 Volvo in September 2008. I need new brake pads now and this plan includes the brake pads option. The problem is, that according to Volvo rep my dealer uses, my plan expired in January 2012 (in-service date). I thought they didn't have time expiration only mileage (or at least one service per year). I called the plan administering company and they told me it does have time expiration, but it counts since the purchase date, not in-service date. Somehow the Volvo rep doesn't accept it and keep saying it expired 5 years after the in-service date.

Does any of you have any knowledge about this plan? Who is right here?

Thank you,
Martin

·
Registered
604 Posts
I am not sure if anything changed in 2007, but when I bought my extended factory warranty, I had a choice to extend from the normal 4/50k to 5/100K or 6/100K, but no matter when I purchased the extension, it referred back to the original date of delivery/purchase of the car, not the warranty purchase date. It is an extended factory warranty.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your reply.

This in not about the extented warranty VIP, it is about FSM plan.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You did not state your car model, what transmission it has, how many miles, history, etc... so we can assume you know nothing at all about cars... and don't care to learn.

I understand if you are completely uninterested in cars, and how they work -- but seriously -- why did you buy a "sports car" if you can't tolerate the maintainance??

Sports cars, by definition, are fraught with service / maintainance issues.

That is the price we are willing to pay for the thrill .

it's not a Camry.

it's not an Accord.

do you know ... that the Toyota Camry / Honda Accord have (essentially) the same acceleration as the R models?

and did you know, that Hondas and Toyotas, requre NO MAINTAINANCE AT ALL ?

I'm just saying, changing the brake pads on the R model is so easy -- that this job is assigned to the STUPIDEST PERSON IN YOUR HIGH SCHOOL.

He also does your oil change.

You should be afraid to take your expensive, exotic, sports car to the dealership for service ...

... very afraid.

Is this comment directed at me? If yes, this is not what I asked about. I had a specific question about a program I purchased on my car. I am not asking about how to maintain my car.

Thank you,
Martin

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Is this comment directed at me? If yes, this is not what I asked about. I had a specific question about a program I purchased on my car. I am not asking about how to maintain my car.

Thank you,
Martin
Pete is drunk, don't mind him...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, you trying to get me to feel sorry for people so stupid that they buy "service plans" ?

he's stupid, and now he realizes it.

let that be a warning for anyone reading this:

service plan is NEVER going to lose money for the seller.
Now, this is a personal attack. Would you mind you own business and go away. If you don't know the answer to my question, just stop posting in my thread.

Thank you,
Martin

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Now, this is a personal attack. Would you mind you own business and go away. If you don't know the answer to my question, just stop posting in my thread.

Thank you,
Martin
Just ignore him he will delete his posts when he sobers up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts