SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

I've been working with my local Volvo dealer on an RSE issue (and now trying to get Volvo US involved) and I was hoping I could get a little help from y'all....

I purchased a 2013 with RSE in July and was told that the RSE would be the factory RSE, etc but that they had to order a couple of parts before it was totally ready to go.

So being a car nut, I had naturally already read the users manual, etc which shows the RSE for this model being totally integrated with the sensus, able to play movies via the USB, etc and is to look like this:

And low and behold when I receive my car back it looks like this:

Which I know is the ACCESSORY unit and it also doesn't even match the leather that is in my current car......

So this is definitely not good. And I've been going around and around with the dealership and I've apparently gotten a little traction/attention by going directly to Volvo in a round about way, but now my dealer is telling me that the system that 1) is listed and shown in the users manual that was SHIPPED WITH MY CAR 2) that has installation instructions, etc at volvo's site for the US and 3) is listed on numerous places on their site is not available to any XC60 in the United States.

I just find this a little hard to believe but since I don't have anyone that is on MY TEAM :) in this process I wanted to turn to everyone here to see if you could give me a little clarity on this. I'm definitely willing to fight this one tooth and nail if I find that I SHOULD have what I'm thinking, but I'm also willing to drop it if I get some good clarification from everyone here.

Thanks in advance and we're loving the car otherwise!!

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
"order a couple parts" is a huge red flag right there. That tells me off the bat that it was dealer installed.

If it was installed at the factory or at port, it will show up on the window sticker.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My 2010 was ordered via overseas delivery and picked up at the 'factory' (ie. the Volvo factory delivery center is in Gothenberg, Sweden; car is made in Ghent, Belgium); however, I don't think there's such thing as factory RSE and accessory RSE. They're both installed at the point of delivery and never at the factory.

What you have is exactly what I have, and I have the same comments. While the leather is the same colour, the stitching isn't. In addition, the Volvo signature curvature of the headrest is gone. Since they don't make an R-Design specific version of this, the 2-tone leather that's throughout the interior doesn't follow into the RSE accessory units.

Altogether, it ruins the design aesthetic and I greatly regret the decision to get this. Unfortunately, being early to buy and not being able see this in person beforehand was a factor...

I can say the same thing on a factory-installed hitch on the R-Designs too. They were a complete afterthought on Volvo's side, and require cutting the rear skirt.

Hey all.

I've been working with my local Volvo dealer on an RSE issue (and now trying to get Volvo US involved) and I was hoping I could get a little help from y'all....

I purchased a 2013 with RSE in July and was told that the RSE would be the factory RSE, etc but that they had to order a couple of parts before it was totally ready to go.

So being a car nut, I had naturally already read the users manual, etc which shows the RSE for this model being totally integrated with the sensus, able to play movies via the USB, etc and is to look like this:

And low and behold when I receive my car back it looks like this:

Which I know is the ACCESSORY unit and it also doesn't even match the leather that is in my current car......

So this is definitely not good. And I've been going around and around with the dealership and I've apparently gotten a little traction/attention by going directly to Volvo in a round about way, but now my dealer is telling me that the system that 1) is listed and shown in the users manual that was SHIPPED WITH MY CAR 2) that has installation instructions, etc at volvo's site for the US and 3) is listed on numerous places on their site is not available to any XC60 in the United States.

I just find this a little hard to believe but since I don't have anyone that is on MY TEAM :) in this process I wanted to turn to everyone here to see if you could give me a little clarity on this. I'm definitely willing to fight this one tooth and nail if I find that I SHOULD have what I'm thinking, but I'm also willing to drop it if I get some good clarification from everyone here.

Thanks in advance and we're loving the car otherwise!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I definitely agree with what you said below. It is definitely weird that you can find this picture:

at a number of places at Volvo when they talk about the integrated RSE.

Can you, by chance, tell me if the image in your users manual (since it's 3 years older) looks like what is in your car or the picture above (and from my original post)?

Thanks!

My 2010 was ordered via overseas delivery and picked up at the 'factory' (ie. the Volvo factory delivery center is in Gothenberg, Sweden; car is made in Ghent, Belgium); however, I don't think there's such thing as factory RSE and accessory RSE. They're both installed at the point of delivery and never at the factory.

What you have is exactly what I have, and I have the same comments. While the leather is the same colour, the stitching isn't. In addition, the Volvo signature curvature of the headrest is gone. Since they don't make an R-Design specific version of this, the 2-tone leather that's throughout the interior doesn't follow into the RSE accessory units.

Altogether, it ruins the design aesthetic and I greatly regret the decision to get this. Unfortunately, being early to buy and not being able see this in person beforehand was a factor...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts