SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the factory installed GPS in the XC90 update itself ( ie change time zones) when you pass into a new time zone.? I just traveled over 700 miles from one time zone to the other and the car stayed on the same time zone, in this case it stayed on Central time when I went to the East Coast ( Eastern time).
On the way back it was reverse and in this instance the distance to my home was appox 60 miles off with one hour difference in time. 60 miles is approx one hour traveling time.

I could not find any way to change the time on the GPS.

thks

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found out the answer from the Volvo dealer. Since you cannot change the time in the GPS, you have to change the time on the cars clock. Does not make since to me but thats what the dealer said. So in review, if you want the Volvo GPS to reflect the local time ETA of your location destination, you must have that time zone set into the Volvo cars clock.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hmmm ... I don't remember that as being a problem with my 2007 XC90 and I crossed time zones with it - maybe I didn't notice. Since the GPS knows your location it can know which time zone you are in. It also gets accurate time from the satellites - and can figure out local time based on time zone offset. The only tricky thing is (the ever changing) rules for daylight saving time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The factory GPS unit is "slaved" to the vehicle's clock. The GPS will change when you change the clock (assume you are asking about the ETA time in the upper right hand corner). Time zone changes do not occur automatically.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts