SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enjoy the look of a naked roof but a rack allows for the necessities. Here are a couple of pics if any of you are contemplating. With Mighty Mounts this is compatible with my Yakima High roller bike rack, and Fatcat ski rack.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I meant to include a quick review. Based on fit, function, profile, and wind noise these are decent/ very average at best. I think there are better options out there, perhaps Whispbars.

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh wow much better pics and review in your thread merlot. I searched racks and cross bars and must not have looked for the term load bars. Thanks for sharing. Anybody put a box on top here? I know the thought is enough to make some cringe. I'll try and search: )

·
Registered
690 Posts
love the look & the function of them but i hated mine cause of the INSANE amount wind noise it made so my volvo dealer took them back ( thankfully ) so i now have a hitch mount for my s60

·
Registered
146 Posts
love the look & the function of them but i hated mine cause of the INSANE amount wind noise it made so my volvo dealer took them back ( thankfully ) so i now have a hitch mount for my s60
Can you give us some details on the hitch? Aftermarket or OEM? Any pics?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Saga, if you want a cleaner look, the Volvo rack bars are compatible with the Thule X-Adapt system, which allow you to use the central section of the load bars to anchor your loading carriers. The look is a lot better than with the Yakima mighty mounts because all the bolts are hidden inside the bar rails, instead of going around the bars.

Call me silly but I´m so used to having the bars on my wagons/cars that I like how they look, especially with my bike carriers installed. Your S60 looks very good with the bars

·
Registered
690 Posts
Can you give us some details on the hitch? Aftermarket or OEM? Any pics?
sure i`ll take some tonight ! & its a aftermarket on made for our cars fit & finish is great !!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks blue, I would prefer a cleaner look. I got a deal on bike, ski and cargo box for wholesale price, but now I am reconsidering. I love a good deal...
Gonna check this Thule x-adapt system out now.

Cheers

·
Registered
176 Posts
With the x-adapt system basically the bolts are "hidden" in the inner rail of the bars (the black rubber . If you prefer the cleanest look (like I do) the best bike carriers are the fork mount ones, as they are a bit shorter, and they don´t have the ugly arms that are used to hold (and scratch at the same time) your bike frame. You can mount either Yakima or Thule accesories on both bars (either Yakima, Thule or the Volvo ones - which are Thule btw).

The only reason I prefer Thule over Yakima is because its Swedish also... but built in the USA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts