SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am in the middle of my week long timing belt change project, I was convinced that I would be done today and up and running when this happened: :facepalm:

I ripped the gasket when trying to get the water pump back into its place. It is a really tight fit. Since no one stocks them I can't get a new one until saturday...

Good thing the local liquer store had my favorite beer....

Looks like I will be doing a lot of gaming until this weekend. Good thing I decided to tackle this during my break.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I feel your pain.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
nice what games do you play?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mostly Starcraft 2, which I understand increases my nerd level... but I am ok with that. What about you?
\

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
lol take your pic, SWTOR, D2, TF2, orcs much die 2, WoW ... i didnt enjoy SC2 as much as i enjoyed the first one, so i never play it.. are you running a nice RIG?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, pretty nice decent my first nice custom build after a few crappy $400 ones. I7 950, asus rampage III formula, 6gb gskill pi ram, evga 570 gtx and a very packed 60bg vertex 2. I do have a data drive dont remember what it was. What about you?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Very nice build! im running an AMD 1100T @ 4.5ghz, 16Gb mushkin redline ram, Gainward GTX580 Phantom, mobo is a gigabyte UD7, corsair HX1000 PSU, HTO claro plus soundcard with 7.1 surround sound, i have for my OS a mushkin chrono delux SSD, and for data i have a 600GB raptor. my cpu, ram, and north bridge are watercooled. i have 2 pumps, 2 radiators, 2 reservoirs all in a single loop. my temps never go above 98F (load) and never below 71F (idle) all inside a coolmaster HAF932

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Very nice build! im running an AMD 1100T @ 4.5ghz, 16Gb mushkin redline ram, Gainward GTX580 Phantom, mobo is a gigabyte UD7, corsair HX1000 PSU, HTO claro plus soundcard with 7.1 surround sound, i have for my OS a mushkin chrono delux SSD, and for data i have a 600GB raptor. my cpu, ram, and north bridge are watercooled. i have 2 pumps, 2 radiators, 2 reservoirs all in a single loop. my temps never go above 98F (load) and never below 71F (idle) all inside a coolmaster HAF932

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Hhahaha Thanks guys, i love my computer more then i love my car sadly....

computer ($7,000)
car purchased new ($37,000- depreciation its now only worth $17,000)

my next rig im gonna build is gonna be crazy. i cant wait for new hardware to drop.

as for my car. i have that larger throttle body, elevate lower intake manifold, idp HD coilpacks , BBK and rims and tires... jesus ,, its never ending but they are both hobbies and my loves.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice rig liquid cooling and everything! Rig is looking good. I skimped on the case and went with Antec 902 so I dont really have room for liquid cooling. How do you like the Coolermaster Haf?
Btw.... have you ever heard of http://www.million-dollar-pc.com/?
They have some really nice rigs there.

·
Registered
326 Posts
for a computer, Im running a intel I7 970 Ultimate O/C'd to 4.7ghz, 24gb of ram, 2x Ati hd 6970's Running Crossfire SlI config. A 256gb OCz Vertex 4 SSD running Ubuntu/Win7. 1tb Esata WD HDD. Mobo is a Asus P6t Se Deluxe with beefed up Firmware Programmed by yours truely. and a 1000watt PSU.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gulftown nice!. How is the vertex 4 btw I am looking to upgrade to a larger size the 60 is just too small.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So I am in the middle of my week long timing belt change project, I was convinced that I would be done today and up and running when this happened: :facepalm:

I ripped the gasket when trying to get the water pump back into its place. It is a really tight fit. Since no one stocks them I can't get a new one until saturday...
I'd have gasgacinch'd that up and kept going. At least the delay isn't too bad.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aaahhh never heard of that... I first tried looking it up on urbandictionary thinking it was some kind of slang....

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
This thread just went from sad to awesome
hahahaha! agreed.
dammm...what is Nvidia up to GTX version? it seemed like only yesterday my GTX280 was brand new. When the hell did CoD World at War come out? (that's about the time when i built my current rig). i am getting old!

·
Registered
326 Posts
To be completely honest, I have a OCz vertex 1 before the Vertex... and I really dont even see a difference. The only thing that is great about it, is the size.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts