SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Facelfit conversion S40 2004

5K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  divinetong_4906 
#1 ·
Hello Members,

I started to facelift my S40. It's a 2004 model but I liked the 2008- look more. So I went to the junkyard and bought bumpers and the lights.

I bought the following parts:
- Front bumper
- Rear bumper
- Front bumper mounts
- Rear bumper mounts
- Headlights
- Rear lights

Before painting I tried to see if everything is working correctly. On the front it is all good. But at the back I have a problem with the lights. The Right side rear light has only a reverse light that's constant on. The left side does nothing.

I hope somebody did the same thing and can tell me more about the wiring of the rear lights. I already looked on the internet but couldn't find clear information about that.

Another thing, the facelift front bumper has the original day running lights instead of fog lights. Is it possible to have the day running lights working in a 2004 S40? Now they are working as fog lights but would be nice to have them as day running lights.

A few pictures attached to see the facelift parts mounted.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi
not sure about rear lights wiring issue, but Im pretty sure its not possible to program pre-FL car to use fogs as DRLs. Even with hardware you have, your car thinks those fogs are just fogs and old cars had DRL in the "always on headlamps" flavour so I dont think it can be changed, nor you will find dealership keen on experimenting with software overwrite.
Someone correct me if im wrong please.

on a sidenote - there are huge gaps between bumper and light on the front, why is that?

#22 ·
Hi, first of all, thank you very much for posting these picture regarding the pins connections for the old and facelift models, I live in the UK and have just done the swap. It looks and works flawlessly. A car electric company told me that this wasn't possible and wouldn't even bother looking at it. Using the above diagram it took less than an hour to do the swap.
I'm short I think it will work on all S40 after 2004.
I am very delighted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.