SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm glad the jag F-Pace wasn't available when I purchased the XC60. I love the Volvo but except for the name, I sure like the looks of the jag...I priced one out on the online configuration and one well equipped can be had for the same money I spent on the Volvo

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm glad the jag F-Pace wasn't available when I purchased the XC60. I love the Volvo but except for the name, I sure like the looks of the jag...I priced one out on the online configuration and one well equipped can be had for the same money I spent on the Volvo
Agreed. I am definitely going to keep it in mind as I swap cars every 2 years or so.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I think Jag stole Volvo's thunder with this one. Styling sure reminds me of the XC Coupe concept (XC60 replacement styling?)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
how is Jaguar reliability these days?

I know the Top Gear guys make fun of it all the time.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Not to good, my buddy tells me the horror stories from his dealership all the time. There not cheap either, I priced one out last night and it came to $79k. And not much more optioned than our XC60 which we paid way less for.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Not to good, my buddy tells me the horror stories from his dealership all the time. There not cheap either, I priced one out last night and it came to $79k. And not much more optioned than our XC60 which we paid way less for.
I believe that this is a larger more capable vehicle than the XC60, competing in the class with the XC90, Q7 and X5? A comparably equipped XC90 (T8) is not that far away in pricing. The Jag will also have the sporting edge with more powerful engine options and driving characteristics over the XC90.

Btw, both this Jag and the others are new to the scene, so I don't think we can we can fairly compare reliability. This is an entirely new platform for Jag, including engines, just like the XC90 to Volvo, so the book is still out. Regardless, anyone owning a European luxury vehicle who doesn't get a warranty to cover their expected period of ownership, is a bit naive. We love our Volvo's but they are certainly not close to Japanese reliability. Unfortunately we are not strangers to our dealership service personnel (though they are nice people ;)).

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would say it is somewhere in between...

XC60
-WB: 109.2 IN
-Length: 182.8 IN

FPace
WB: 113 IN
Length: 186 IN

XC90
WB: 117.5 IN
Length: 194.8 IN

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
They look "designed with the same pen" for sure. I like the styling toward the back of the Volvo better though.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Must be nice to live in the states... The F-Pace in Canada does not price out as nice. With GST + Freight we'd be almost $10,000 more into a F-Pace for comparable features.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts