SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been just browsing the interweb lately and I stumbled across an S40 with this little lip on it and it really doesn't look too bad so I looked up the vender. It's called EZLip and it's simply a little rubber adhesive strip that contours to the bottom of your bumper.

What do you guys think? Worth a try at the small cost of $30 bucks?

http://ezlip.com/

~Blake

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I believe someone on here has used a garage door seal to get a lip like that. It looks ok but Im not sure I would go for it.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Looks good; is it a preform or do you heat it with a heat gun to shape than adhear it to the bumper?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe someone on here has used a garage door seal to get a lip like that. It looks ok but Im not sure I would go for it.
Me either. idk though, so cheap and who knows it may look good I may just try it.

It comes in a roll and it's flexible which is great as the Eibachs have lowered me a bit and any harder product would surely bust off.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I've been told that it won't flop around on the highway, but I am doubting that. I need to see a rolling shot to even cosider it. But I've gone to home depot and you can get a 12ft roll of that stuff for $10. So don't spend the 30+shipping. Just cut it to length. 9ft is what you need.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been told that it won't flop around on the highway, but I am doubting that. I need to see a rolling shot to even cosider it. But I've gone to home depot and you can get a 12ft roll of that stuff for $10. So don't spend the 30+shipping. Just cut it to length. 9ft is what you need.
Exact same stuff? What's it called? what would I use for adhesive?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Exact same stuff? What's it called? what would I use for adhesive?
You can either use the 3m high strength adhesive, or use self tapping screws. I personally would use both. The stuff is just the garage door sealer. Go to that section in the home depot and look for that stuff. It's a rubbery/foamy material. And yes, it's the same exact stuff haha. I bought the stuff to put on my WRX, I never ended up installing it.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I would worry that it wouldn't stand up to wind pressure well. At speed I bet it would deform and look bad, probably over time this would pull at the adhesive and it would start to detach. I might be wrong but it feels too cheap to work correctly.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I took that picture, and that is 05T5's car.

Anyway, we all know that it's the garage door seal mod a.k.a HD lip . EZlip actually uses a different manufacturer of the seal and it's slightly stiffer and more durable. The one that Home Depot uses is a lot flimsier and flaps around, I've seen the EZlip in person and it is indeed stiff enough to hold it's form. Keep in mind that all of these are temporary and if your car is low(like mine) and if it makes contact to the ground, it'll eventually wear down.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'll save you the trouble, don't bother, it'll be wavy and ****ty looking in a week, I had one on my car till that happened, you're better of buying a universal ABS or poly splitter/lip and cutting it to fit

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I wouldn't worry, it will be knocked off within a week!

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll save you the trouble, don't bother, it'll be wavy and ****ty looking in a week, I had one on my car till that happened, you're better of buying a universal ABS or poly splitter/lip and cutting it to fit
Mind linking me with an idea as it blows searching on this phone.

Sent from my Wicked Pissah Droid 2 using Tapatalk 2!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thats my car with the Seat Cupra lip.
Scratched it couple times and still in good condition.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
You guys would actually be surprised on the home depot lip. This is my second lip I have on my car now. Only reason being is because I had my front bumper repainted and had to take the other one off. The one that's on my car now i've had on there for about a year and a half and it has been fine. It doesn't flap around when driving. I had one of my friends take a rolling shot of me at about 65 mph. I secured mine with a few screws, washers, and double sided tape and it has not gone any where. When I wash my car I put a little bit of tire shine on a rag and just wipe it across the lip to make it look fresh.
It has also been threw snow and its still good lol Some people like it, some don't. I do get a lot of compliments on it though. :thumbup: :beer:

·
Registered
717 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Anyone think about running this lip down the side skirts as well, to match the front look better?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anyone think about running this lip down the side skirts as well, to match the front look better?
I'm definitely considering a front lip at least. I feel as if the side skirts truly would not look good on these cars as the side moulding is curved in such a way that it would look goofy, rear is completely out of the question. If you would like to prove me wrong, please do so because I would love to make my car look a bit more slick.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts