SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,<br>When my 1985 volvo 244GL gets going around 45mph in 3rd and 55mph in 4th I get some really extreme vibrations.<p>These vibrations are pretty much a constant except for at around 65+mph when it disappear once I stop giving it gas and when the clutch is in. There is also a sweet spot around 70mph were it doesn't vibrate much. Go 68 or 72 and it gets really bad again.<p>It seems to me to be coming from the back area buts so hard to be sure...My wheels are in pretty good shape. The bolts are on tight. My muffler squeks abit but I can still hear it and its still clamped / held perfectly.<p>Any ideas?<p>Thank you so much - Jutboy

·
Registered
636 Posts
Re: Extreme Vibrations (Jutboy)

You either have a broke engine mount or the intermediate shafts bearing is going bad. Its between the seats, in the drive shaft tunnel under the chassis. It is aft of the transmission. You can't miss it when the car is raised or you are under it.<br>

·
Registered
69 Posts
My wagon does the same thing. I'm actually designing a body kit for it. It's all about aerodynamics.<p>It got a few suspension/tire problems as well. But once that's all dealt with, that baby gonna fly!<p>Vanguard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts