SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum,

I am UK resident about to order a T8 Hyrid in Inscription Model and though it is probably going to have to come from my own money, was wondering if there were any MUST have accessories or extras.

Would appreciate your thoughts please?

And also which color / leather combo your love most - Was going for the Midnight Blue and Ebony Nappa Leather

Many Thnaks
Darryn

·
Registered
178 Posts
My favourite specification is Ember Black w/ Amber Leather (dark headliner) or a Savile Grey with the Blond leather (w/ black carpets). The Ember spec with the 20" Matte Black rims and the Savile Grey with the styling kit and 21" polished rims.

The Magic Blue with Amber is also a stunning combination. I actually don't think I have seen an XC90 with a bad combo yet, they all look great.

When it comes to accessories many have recommended to buy mudflaps, and since you live in UK I guess the retractable hitch is a good thing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I work at a dealer and my favourate so far is Osmium Grey with blonde interior with dark carpets. The 21inch wheels look the best I think as well

If you are into music the Bowers and Wilkins is awsum and for me a must

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi Darryn,

Welcome on board ;-)

A T8 Inscription comes already with a lot of goodies. Of course its difficult to make selection of possible options, because you can easily add another 8K ;-)
What I definitely don't want to skip is nav and the on-line features (Volvo-on-Call and the Smartphone App).

I'm impressed by B&W as well, but I didn't select it. I believe it's fantastic, especially when you’re standing still. I went for the 'standard' sound, because (when trimmed) it has also a great sound.
If I want to have a superb sound when standing still, I would by a domestic audio set....

·
Registered
62 Posts
For the extra £50 I would order the longer charging cable. I have been caught out a couple of times with the cable not being long enough and for the price it makes sense.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome Darryn,I am also in the uk and have ordered a T8 inscription.If is ever so easy to go OTT with the extras . I went for the onyx black with amber interior with the birch trim.

I decided to reign in my desires and only went the xenium pack, winter pack with HUD, and the extending cushion with sports seats.my dealer is throwing in mud flaps and boot lid protector for free.

Would have loved the air suspension but just could not stretch to that...my Volvo website is saying my delivery is last week in April...Cannot wait.:cool:

Good luck and let us know what you decide on.

·
Registered
1 Posts

We have ordered our T8 early March this year. The long waiting kept me adding and adding more options and accesoires. The only two things we will be missing are air suspension and b&w sound system, but our roads are kind of flat and the fresh air subwoofer must make my sound a bit better.

There's hardly anything I don't like on the options list, there's just my mind saying: you have to stop.

My wife decided the color ( luminous sand) and the Rugged Luxury with Side scuff plates.

Luckely she let me decide the wheels and amber interior.

Hopefully it looks like the picture, but most of all I am hoping to get the car this year (Netherlands)!! The dealer has send me an appointment for 21th of december.

As all of you: I cannot wait either

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi , ( from Europe )
we took delivery end of August of a Magic Blue , blond +blond Inscrption D5 modell .
beside the factory options :
i-pad holders : are now installed , I am not very convinced ... not realy that nice , RSE screens ( DVD ) were nicer inserted in the headrests ...
Floormats : when ordering and paying for a 7 seater: there are NO floormats at the 3rd row ....
towbar is now onstalled by the dealer : works fan-tas-tic and can hardly be seen when not in use .

options from factory :
radio : the standard one in the Inscription does fine for me , i did prefer spending my € 4.000 for the BW rather on airsuspension, the optional 7-seat configuration ,
the leather on top of the dash , Head Up , parking assist & pilot , linear walnut , 220V in the booth , .... post some pictures later on .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts