SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading in my mobile owner's manual that these cars may have remote start using the key fob but mine doesn't seem to have it (or I can't make it work. Anyone know if my Canadian 2015.5 V60 should have this capability? The Volvo On-Call remote start works very well.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Was reading in my mobile owner's manual that these cars may have remote start using the key fob but mine doesn't seem to have it (or I can't make it work. Anyone know if my Canadian 2015.5 V60 should have this capability? The Volvo On-Call remote start works very well.
I would like to use it, too, but as far as I know only the paid service On-Call remote start works (despite the manual). The shutting off the engine when you get to the car and open the door is extremely lame, though.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I inquired with two dealers when I took delivery of my V60P* and was informed that it was a 500 dollar programming touch... I did end up having it done as I am a Blackberry user so no VOC for me. As mentioned in the linked thread and elsewhere in the forums the Volvo remote engine start definitely leaves much to be desired. The fact that you can't get into the car and drive away without the engine stopping on door unlock is absolutely ridiculous. Also, for information, when using the fob the default run time is 15 minutes with no provisions to adjust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts