SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - We're new to Volvo and just ordered our XC90 via OSD. Momentum Plus in ember black. We're pretty psyched. A quick question....does anyone know if an external USB CD drive will play or will we need to upload music or books into the built in hard drive? Thanks for the great forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After a little research, the built in hard drive is for sensus maps and other software. Still haven't found out if the XC90 will recognize and read a CD from an external CD drive or if I'll need to use an iPod as a music / e-book drive. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
A quick question....does anyone know if an external USB CD drive will play or will we need to upload music or books into the built in hard drive?
The USB port recognizes FAT formatted UFD's - so there's a chance that it may be able to read from an optical disc ... I don't have one that is solely USB powered so I can't try it.

But maybe its just easier to put your music library on a UFD and play off of that? With all the other types of connectivity ... I've only used streaming music on my 2016 XC90.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. Appreciate the info. I imagine we'll just load up our iPods when the need arises. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts