SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Title says it all and as you all saw I'm on a PlastiDip kick and I'm in need of removing each piece as well as the rear bumper so I don't break my neck trying to paint it.

I know there's clips and I know they are a biatch to remove but how do you go about doing so...The application of PlastiDip is FAR easier when I can just lay the stuff on a piece of plywood and spray, install, Boom done.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much guys and gals.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Same as the front, start on a corner on the trim and gently pull it up. I really need to meet you so we can just handle all these little questions at once.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same as the front, start on a corner on the trim and gently pull it up. I really need to meet you so we can just handle all these little questions at once.
Haha yes indeed I figured I may as well make a post most would render worthless than just freelancing the job...could get dangerous!

I HIGHLY appreciate this! It will make painting a MUCH easier job with the bumper removed. Thank you greatly!

Thats for removing the entire bumber, I think he just wants to remove the trim, Fitzy is correct, it will take some force and when you get to the middle part you need to pull up and out, not just straight back
Nope he was a great help as well as fitzy for the side trim!

I wish the removal of the bottom trim of rear bumper was possible on 04 Rs.
^^^THIS...

Also does the lower side trim work in the same manner? Lift with some force and it will come-a-fallin' off :)? Thanks guys you have been VERY Helpful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I tried it, to get the middle part was very easy, but I have not tried to remove the bottom trim of the rear bumper, So can't say about it. Is it would also be easy..?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts