SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to choose whether to add the: The Silver Exterior Styling Kit to the Silver V60 I should be buying/taking delivery of next week. Any thoughts? Unfortunately, no ability to see it out here..looks pretty nice in pics. THX

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Do it. I think it enhances the unique look of the car substantially after seeing it in person for the first time the other day. Though maybe consider the darker "iron" color of your looking for a bit of contrast. Car I saw it on had 19s too. I'm not sure if it would have the same effect if you were running smaller wheels. Might look a bit awkward.

I'm still in the pre-purchase stage but assuming I go ahead with a V60, I'll be adding an exterior styling kit myself if it isn't already on the vehicle.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have not seen the styling kit in person but from what I've seen in pictures... I'm puzzled as it doesn't seem to add anything to the car. Just looks like extra weight to me.

·
Registered
613 Posts
It looks pretty nice on our V60CC. Came standard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same, standard on my CC. I dig it. However, I am unsure if I would have added it if I ended up in a regular V60.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the feedback. I wish I had the luxury of time, but I had to rush into this purchase to avoid a 30% price increase next year (here in Thailand). Looks like I'm going to take delivery next week, and will get accessories after the new year because it happened so fast. Keep looking around and good luck with your purchase, you are stateside and have the luxury of so many choices wether Volvo or other. I literally got the last Volvo V60 T5 in Thailand, they only brought in 32 this year.

The more I look at it, I think the kit looks great.. just down to how much contrast I want. My car comes with 18s btw..ill never do 19s again, way too rough a ride, cracked rims, and blown tires...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have not seen the styling kit in person but from what I've seen in pictures... I'm puzzled as it doesn't seem to add anything to the car. Just looks like extra weight to me.
I'm not sure it will add too much weight, these kits are usually pretty light weight

·
Registered
38 Posts
For me, don't like the look of the exterior styling. Not my thing though.

Congrats on the V60. Agree on the 18" wheel size, just based on the research I've done and my test drives.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For me, don't like the look of the exterior styling. Not my thing though.

Congrats on the V60. Agree on the 18" wheel size, just based on the research I've done and my test drives.
Yea, the 19s look great and on a smooth open highway, my M3 used to fly. But around town, after a few years you start to get back pains and just feel all wrecked when you get to where you are going. Literally cracked 2 rims and blew out 3 tires in 36 months driving around Miami which is a pretty nice city as far as roads go. I can't imagine if I was in NYC.

Thank you but it's not official yet ;) Will drop the official announcement as soon as everything is confirmed. Hopes are up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts