SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Exterior 2000 S70 GLT SE ideas and advice wanted

580 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  JRL 
#1 ·
Hello i'm a new owner of a silver 2000 S70 GLT SE. I'm thinking about doing some work to my car primarily cosmetically dont want to mess with the engine or the interior. Id like to know if there was a good looking front lip or front bumper any other idea or advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Exterior 2000 S70 GLT SE ideas and advice wanted (Leon677)

The 98-2000 V70R front bumper is the way to go along with a factory rear spoiler. (if yours doesn't have a spoiler)
Perhaps a different grill
This one has a XC grill, Euro lights and the headlight wipers removed and holes filled, but there are several others that you could go with.

#3 ·

You could put the jewel headlights and corners from a 2003 C70 and it would look just like JRL's ^^^^^^^^ I just did the grill and jewels from that year on my 98 V70 and it looks very nice.

#4 ·
Re: Exterior 2000 S70 GLT SE ideas and advice wanted (64pvolvo1800)

Yes, they do look the about the same and MUCH better lighting than what you have now (besides looking better you can actually SEE!)
Here's my current R with a stock grill like yours but with the headlights and the R bumper

#5 ·
Re: Exterior 2000 S70 GLT SE ideas and advice wanted (JRL)

OK i like the look of the lights much better than the stock lights. how much is the v70r front bumper i've looked around can't find it only can find the v70 non-r bumper. Thank you for all the input.

#6 ·

You haven't looked very hard, just ask a dealer to order one (and the grills)
You also need fog lights if you don't have them as the lower grill are different and there are no non foglight grills.
http://www.myswedishparts.com may also have the bumper cheaper. You just have to search around
Also ask Justin on this board (Chilled Man), he has disassembled several R's and may just have a bumper lying around.
Lights are 03-04 C70 lights and corners, not cheap at all but will give you twice the light output and twice the good looks.
I would call Darryl Waltrip Volvo in TN, they have the best dealer prices for either or both of these

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.