SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Future XC90 Recharge Plug-in Hybrid (formally known as T8) owner here. My car is currently being shipped from Sweden. I've heard and read that you do not want to own this car once the factory warranty expires.

A. Is this true, i.e. do you really need an extended warranty on this vehicle? I plan to drive the car long after factory warranty is expired.
B. If you did get the extended warranty, was it through Volvo or a Third Party? And what type of warranty was it that you selected?
C. Any other information I should consider before purchasing extended warranty?

Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Hello! Future XC90 Recharge Plug-in Hybrid (formally known as T8) owner here. My car is currently being shipped from Sweden. I've heard and read that you do not want to own this car once the factory warranty expires.

A. Is this true, i.e. do you really need an extended warranty on this vehicle? I plan to drive the car long after factory warranty is expired.
B. If you did get the extended warranty, was it through Volvo or a Third Party? And what type of warranty was it that you selected?
C. Any other information I should consider before purchasing extended warranty?

Thank you for the help!
A. It is solely a personal decision. You will never get a consensus. I bought the extended warranty because I wanted to and because I planned to own it well beyond the factory warranty.

B. I went through OEM Volvo for the VIP non-exclusion 8/100K. (I would have bought the 10/120K if I could do it over as I am leaning towards keeping mine for 10 years until the Volvo lineup gets sorted out.

Caveat: “Some” dealers will offer a non-OEM Volvo warranty that “looks” like a Volvo warranty. If the dealer does not shoot straight, then contact Steingold Volvo who is a sponsor on this forum.

C. Negotiate everything with your sales person and sales manager so it is all priced and down in writing. Do not wait until you get to the Finance Guy ‘lest you will pay a lot more.

If you option to buy any other protections and maintenance packages, make sure that they are OEM Volvo. This is an area that is the most flagrant where dealers sell their own packages and will not be recognized by Volvo. Good luck on ever getting a claim submitted let alone paid.

Good luck. You will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts