SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question regarding the extended 3 year warranty I took out on my 08 C30. I have a $100 deductible for work.

My C30 has a lot of stupid little things wrong with it. Nothing is really serious, but its a lot of dumb things that bother me including:
-A broken rear seat latch. It was busted when I bought the car back in May but I never noticed it until I went to fold the seat down earlier this week.
-My windshield washer line just cracked at one of the T pieces so I spray washer fluid all over my engine bay. Looks like a $5 part online
-My book time for maintenance message just popped up even though I had the car serviced a month ago. Again, an easy fix but...
-A bad rear license plate light. I've replaced the bulb three times and have had no luck. I don't know whats going on with it. Again it was dead when I bought the car.

Now the question: Will each one of these fixes cost me $100? Or can I take it in and have the dealer fix everything for $100. If every single thing will cost me $100 each, I will only let them try and fix the light... Otherwise Ill let them deal with everything.

I tried calling my dealer today but couldnt get through to anyone..they were all "busy"
Thanks

·
Registered
461 Posts
You need to read your warranty contract as a first step so you know what it actually says. If you can't find it (that is what would happen to me) you can call the warranty company and request a copy. If you don't have this in hand you won't know for sure if you're getting the appropriate service. I'd be surprised if all of these things were covered, but it depends on the warranty. Replacing a bulb, even if not covered under warranty, should be a lot less than $100. The washer part should also be a cheap fix. The seat latch may well be a lot more expensive unless it can be fixed with some sort of adjustment. A new seat back, if needed, is probably hundreds of dollars. Good luck!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to read your warranty contract as a first step so you know what it actually says. If you can't find it (that is what would happen to me) you can call the warranty company and request a copy. If you don't have this in hand you won't know for sure if you're getting the appropriate service. I'd be surprised if all of these things were covered, but it depends on the warranty. Replacing a bulb, even if not covered under warranty, should be a lot less than $100. The washer part should also be a cheap fix. The seat latch may well be a lot more expensive unless it can be fixed with some sort of adjustment. A new seat back, if needed, is probably hundreds of dollars. Good luck!
Whats really annoying is I called the dealer once ad they said "Oh you have a $100 deductible. " so when I asked how it worked the lady said she wasn't really sure

1 - 3 of 3 Posts