SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was going to post the terms of the Volvo Extended warranty but found that either it was too much to try and read or was beyond the word count. The reason I point this out is that what most people consider covered is not a simple issue. Take as an example excessive oil burning. In the warranty it specifically states that any repairs are only considered as part of a mechanical breakdown. So if you have excessive oil burning like 1 quart per 1000 miles as long as the engine still starts and runs they will not pay for the repairs. So here is question: For those of you who have purchased extended warranties, how much have you actually benefited?

So here is the link to the terms and conditions for the Platinum and Gold Warranty:
https://pictures.dealer.com/steingoldvolvovcna/1077abde0a0e0ca20980738b15735ec2.pdf

15. UNDER PLATINUM COVERAGE, ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PARTS: BRAKE LININGS, BRAKE DRUMS AND ROTORS, DISC BRAKE
PADS, STANDARD MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH FRICTION DISC, PRESSURE PLATE, PILOT BEARING, THROW-OUT BEARING
AND ARM, AIR BAGS, SOLAR POWERED DEVICES, GLASS, LENSES, SEALED BEAMS, BODY PARTS AND/OR PANELS, WEATHER
STRIPPING, TRIM, MOLDINGS, LOCK CYLINDERS, TIRES, WHEELS, ALL BATTERIES EXCEPT HYBRID/EV/HYDROGEN HIGH VOLTAGE
BATTERIES AS LISTED UNDER GOLD, LIGHT BULBS, UPHOLSTERY, PAINT, BRIGHT METAL, FREEZE PLUGS, FILTERS, HEATER AND
RADIATOR HOSES, EXHAUST SYSTEM, CATALYTIC CONVERTER, SHOCK ABSORBERS, WORK SUCH AS FRONT-END ALIGNMENT
OR WHEEL BALANCING (EXCEPT WHEN REQUIRED IN CONJUNCTION WITH A MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN), SAFETY RESTRAINT
SYSTEMS, AUDIO/SECURITY OR OTHER SYSTEMS NOT FACTORY INSTALLED, OR VINYL AND CONVERTIBLE TOPS;
16. GRADUAL BATTERY CAPACITY LOSS. NICKEL-METAL HYDRATE OR LITHIUM-ION BATTERIES, LIKE ALL BATTERIES, WILL
EXPERIENCE GRADUAL CAPACITY LOSS WITH TIME AND USE. LOSS OF BATTERY CAPACITY DUE TO OR RESULTING FROM
GRADUAL CAPACITY LOSS IS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS SERVICE CONTRACT;
17. THE CORRECTION OF OIL CONSUMPTION, REPAIR OF WORN RINGS, OR ANY REPAIRS FOR REDUCTION IN ENGINE EFFICIENCY
THAT MUST BE PERFORMED ON YOUR VEHICLE WHEN A MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN HAS NOT OCCURED;

·
Registered
30 Posts
What went wrong with you? I am thinking of buying 10 yr extended warranty on my new car (haven’t bought yet)

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sometimes think of an extended warranty myself. But I really wonder how beneficial it really is. Perhaps when I sell the car it will help with the sale. I have the T8 and it is loaded with technology. So it does beg the question.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just got my money's worth from our extended warranty... Replaced IHU, part alone is $3200 and will be 1.5 days labor. 😀 add that to the dinged up rims, lost keys, brakes, etc I'm a satisfyed customer 😎

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got my money's worth from our extended warranty... Replaced IHU, part alone is $3200 and will be 1.5 days labor. 😀 add that to the dinged up rims, lost keys, brakes, etc I'm a satisfyed customer 😎
What was the mileage when your IHU had to be replaced? Not sure I understand what you mean by lost keys, brakes, dinged up rims. Are you saying that your extended warranty covered those items? News to me. What extended warranty did you get?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts