SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 XC70 T6 (and love it). When I bought it new I bought the Volvo VIP extended warranty (6 years/100K), which (naturally) I don't think I have ever used. I have only 35,000 miles on the XC70 and don't plan to drive it more than 6,000 to 7,000 miles a year, but plan to keep it as long as I can. The extended warranty expires in January 2020.

I'm thinking about extending the extended warranty. Neither the dealer nor Volvo has approached me about an extension, but based on past experience I'll probably start getting offers in the mail in the near future.

Does anybody have any experience buying an extended extended warranty? Did you do it thru the dealer? Was the price negotiable? What is the max term available?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Brad

P.S. I also bought the Factory Covered Maintenance thru 100K miles (I don't think there is a calendar limit).

·
Registered
421 Posts
My recent convo with Volvo dealer indicates they will only extend up until 5 years from original sale. That said, there are indie warranty outfits, but I wouldn't trust them to allow me choice of shop. There are certain problems (involving software) that only the dealer can fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts