SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving home from VT to NY yesterday my wife and I witnessed an incident that made me remember that looks and performance were not the only resons we just bought our second XC.<P>During a sleet storm right outside Bennington VT, the Ford Explorer ahead of us veered slightly into the oncoming east bound lane doing about 40mph. Unable to correct, the explorer wen't into a sideways skid. The truck was now going down the oppisite lane, sideways doing 40! It then slammed (HARD) into an oncoming mid 80's Mercedes 300. The impact shot the car into a nearby ditch. Two female passengers in the truck were ejected out of the rear hatch right before my eyes. When I jumped out of the car to help, the one female was getting up from the middle of the road the other lay almost under the Mercedes, in the ditch. I stayed with the two poeple in the car while more people showed up and helped the others. The police called me later and told me the woman in the street broke her nose, the woman in the ditch broke her neck, The man driving the car broke his wrist. The MB was totaled, both air-bags deployed, dash was seperated everywhere. I love my Volvo!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I hope I never have to see anything like that in my 850! I guess if I do, I'll be just that much safer. Thanks for sharing.<P>Prospero<BR>

·
Registered
83 Posts
I guess that says a lot about the safety of a Mercedes versus an American sports ute. Part of being a Mercedes lover as well as a Volvo lover for me has always been knowing that I am behind the wheel of one of the safest vehicles that can be bought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts