SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

541 - 560 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Knock on wood I haven't blown a coupler in years thanks to the oil catch can and good band clamps/t-bolts. Used hairspray on some fittings to help hold, there might be something better, but it's what the wife had on hand.

Super 77 would be a bit too strong, but some kind of tacking agent will help hold them on.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'm wondering if a relay would fix the problem? Run through the CANBUS adapters to a relay. The relay would be connected to power. That way, any initial current surge to ignite the lights isn't seen by the CEM.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I think I got same issue. Tried installing HIDs in place of halogens using OEM ballasts and headlights turn on for a second then turn right back off.
Relay would probably work fine sure, depends on how much wiring you wanna do vs pushing a button

I think the config change is like $45 after you get yr CEM pin

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #544 · (Edited)
Time to refinish the mirror covers. The clearcoat has failed in places. Doing this the hard way. Tried to pop the mirror off the right side. Broke the glass. Crap, there goes my luck! So, just safer to remove the mirrors and mask everything off.

Ordered two new ZLines to replace the square ones up front. Went local. Maybe $20 more per tire, but if I have any issues, I know where to go.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Looks good! How'd you break the glass?? They come out so easy

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #547 ·
Looks good! How'd you break the glass?? They come out so easy

Apparently, not these. They aren't OEM. The original mirror glass fell off a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #548 ·
Crashed its metal reinforcement sleeve, the OTP was leaking air very bad after that. Be careful with these t-clamps.
I gave up on the T-bolts. The clamp width was too wide for the clamping area. Plus, as you tighten the nut, you eventually need a deep socket, which causes issues. So, back to the OEM clamps.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Apparently, not these. They aren't OEM. The original mirror glass fell off a couple of years ago.
OOOOHHHHH. that makes sense. OEM just pop out with like two fingers

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #550 · (Edited)
Two fresh ZLines up front. So far, nice and smooth. These have a 5018 build date on them. New mirror glass installed.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Two fresh ZLines up front. So far, nice and smooth. These have a 5018 build date on them. New mirror glass installed.

Wow, 5018?! How's the 3,000 year futuristic rubber feel? Wouldn't that cause the temporal stabilizer pulley to fail prematurely?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #552 ·
Wow, 5018?! How's the 3,000 year futuristic rubber feel? Wouldn't that cause the temporal stabilizer pulley to fail prematurely?

Just replaced temporal gradient rectifier, so I should be good!

Reactions: tabormeister

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #553 ·
Purchased an M56LK today. 2002, 23 spline with 114k on it.

And so it begins....

·
Registered
16,664 Posts
yesssssss

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #555 ·
More $$$ down the Volvo black hole!

·
Registered
16,664 Posts
More $$$ down the Volvo black hole!
Believe it or not there is a bottom to that hole; I am literally running out of things to spend money on. The car can't nickel and dime you when you fix literally everything!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #557 ·
Believe it or not there is a bottom to that hole; I am literally running out of things to spend money on.
Yes, there is much truth to that. Most items that I want/need to do are done. I should be good until 200k - then timing belt, water pump, cam seals, pump seal, and PCV. Still always worry about things like head gaskets, a cracked sleeve, quirky electrical issues, or the suicidal deer.

But, I do enjoy driving the car. The M56 and tune will only improve that.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Yes, there is much truth to that. Most items that I want/need to do are done. I should be good until 200k - then timing belt, water pump, cam seals, pump seal, and PCV. Still always worry about things like head gaskets, a cracked sleeve, quirky electrical issues, or the suicidal deer.

But, I do enjoy driving the car. The M56 and tune will only improve that.

Get comp insurance! If you're in the northeast, Erie also has a feature called "new auto security" which is a fancy name for replacement cost insurance. They're crazy to let me have it on my '07 VR and Ocean Race XC60 for ~90/year, I can't imagine they would be happy to replace either lol

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #559 ·
Get comp insurance! If you're in the northeast, Erie also has a feature called "new auto security" which is a fancy name for replacement cost insurance. They're crazy to let me have it on my '07 VR and Ocean Race XC60 for ~90/year, I can't imagine they would be happy to replace either lol

A lot of wiggle room in those policies. What's a "comparable" model to my 07 V70 that's 2 years newer? An 09 V70? Still not worth what I have into my car.

Reactions: tabormeister

·
Registered
16,664 Posts
^

I'd like to see someone actually try to make use of that.

I like my Hagerty agreed value policy.

541 - 560 of 563 Posts