SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an OBX Exhaust system, I know they're not the best, but I read some people with S70's who had installed them and they were very pleased and from what I understand, for the money they are pretty decent exhaust systems. I was wondering if anyone with an 850 has one, and if they do any problems they encountered while installing them or if they're still happy with them after installation. <p>Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have you installed yours yet?<p>I'll be installing mine this Sat so I'll let you know how it goes<p>So far I've heard that I need two 18mm defoulers for the rear O2 sensor (since I dont have a CAT for it yet) and I may need to extend the O2 sensor wires.<p>Also heard that the tip sticks out about an inch more than most people like, but I'll let you know.<p>Luckily I don't have SAS on my 97 so I don't even need to worry about the missing bung.

·
Banned
1,698 Posts
I was thinking of getting one for my 850 also. The only reason I have not done it is because I need to swap out my hot side for a flat flange.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Re: Exhaust (gilber33)

i have the OBX and i love it. Yes the tip sticks out an inch farther than my liking but while im still broke it wont get cut. you will need to extend your 02 wires (ipd has a kit). The 2 18mm "spark plug defoulers" can fab a nice 02 spacer. Just take your time installing it i took about 4.5 hours and a few breaks and it turned out perfect. i dont have pictures of my install but i believe there is a thread of mine about it in the S70 forum "OBX exhaust finally installed". I took my sweet time and no rush so that there is no rattles ect ect. You might need some longer bolts for the V-band clamps because then send you tiny wimpy ones. If you have a straight flange turbo your gunna have one h*ll of a time getting one of the three nuts on the turbo flange seeing as they didnt leave enough room to get any socket on there, i ended up cutting a 10 i believe maybe a 13 i cant remember off the top of my head... but i ended up cutting a wrench in half because space is limited. All in All its a fantastic exhaust for the price and i would do it again in a heart beat (and another volvo haha). There is also a write up in volvo speed with images of the install if you poke around there<p>Also youll have a plate under your car held on by 4 bolts. People say they just remove it (because its close and rattles. i didnt wanna remove something that was there from the get-go so i decided to use 2 washers per bolt before the shield and then tighten it up. it gave it plenty of space between the straight pipe and the plate so youll be okay just use 2 spacers per bolt between the hole itself and the plate then tighten down

1 - 5 of 5 Posts