SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed 2 types of exhaust tips on the S60 and I'm trying to figure out why some have one type and others have another type.

Type 1: The "chrome" tips are trapezoid in shape and are incorporated into the rear bumper cover. One on each side of the bumper cover. I guess you would call these "fake" tips. The actual exhaust tip is just plain steel.

Type 2: The chrome tips are round and are incorporated into the actual exhaust and are not part of the rear bumper cover. There are two of them, one on each exhaust exit.

First I thought the FWD got one style and the AWD got the other, but that isn't the case.

Anybody know why there are two different styles?

Curious minds want to know.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Type 1 tips are on the facelift cars, type 2 are on the pre-facelift.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Could be the round exhaust tips come round on the RD and Polestar models, my 2018 RD has the round exhaust tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
720 Posts
Could be the round exhaust tips come round on the RD and Polestar models, my 2018 RD has the round exhaust tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like the R-Design cars didn't get an updated rear bumper cover with the facelift based on the photos I looked up.

Pre-facelift all S/V60 models had the round exhaust tips though, that much I know.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Looks like the R-Design cars didn't get an updated rear bumper cover with the facelift based on the photos I looked up.

Pre-facelift all S/V60 models had the round exhaust tips though, that much I know.
Correct, the R cars and the later model "dynamic" trim cars of 2017-2018 with the sport valence still have the round exhaust tips...but it's a bit more complicated for the pre-facelifts...

T5 models had no exhaust tips to finish the pipes. They were sold as an accessory.

T6 models came with stock with the chrome exhaust tips. I believe they were around 3" or so in diameter.

R-Design models came with larger chrome exhaust tips. They are ~3.5".

There was also an accessory exhaust tip set to use with the optional silver colored valence that were somewhat rectangular/trapezoidal.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Correct, the R cars and the later model "dynamic" trim cars of 2017-2018 with the sport valence still have the round exhaust tips...but it's a bit more complicated for the pre-facelifts...

T5 models had no exhaust tips to finish the pipes. They were sold as an accessory.

T6 models came with stock with the chrome exhaust tips. I believe they were around 3" or so in diameter.

There was also an accessory exhaust tip set to use with the optional silver colored valence that were somewhat rectangular/trapezoidal.
Does that apply to Cross Country models as well?

My 2018 V60 T5 Dynamic has round exhaust tips.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

Mine has the accessory package you mentioned, which looks like this. Unfortunately it’s not a great angle to see the tips.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Only in 2012. In 2013 they were standard on the T5.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts