SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The previous owner of my T6 Polestar decided (in their wisdom) to cut off the standard T6 exhaust tips and replace them with some tips from what I assume is an S60. See pic below.

The original muffler has been cut, and the new tips are attached to 90degree bends.

But I don't like how the off-oblong tips mismatch the perfectly circular Rdesign trim cutouts. Does anyone know of any replacement exhaust tips that are available, or have pictures of non-standard tips? I'm thinking something like a round slash-cut double walled tip might look nice.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'd take yours over our original WAY oxidized(or whatever it is) tips. ;) Without the contrast trim, ours might disguise the slight miss-match in shape. I'll be interested to see what you decide to do and/or suggestions from others.

·
Registered
97 Posts
fwiw - I had stainless steel MagnaFlows for $38 each installed last month.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Mojo, those look great. I reckon I'm the ONLY one without the rear skid plate! :) I haven't had any exhaust work done since my 1976 Mercury Capri...did the local muffler shop handle the install?

By the bye, our one-year-old C70 tips are already looking pretty dull. Anybody got any tips for keeping them nicer, longer? The car body and wheels get cleaned/waxed regularly, but the exhaust tips are neglected, I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Best stuff on the market for polished exhaust tips. Been using it for over 7 years.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mojobaggins - did magnaflow just cut of the old tips and weld the new one on?
Mojo, those look great. I reckon I'm the ONLY one without the rear skid plate! :) I haven't had any exhaust work done since my 1976 Mercury Capri...did the local muffler shop handle the install?

By the bye, our one-year-old C70 tips are already looking pretty dull. Anybody got any tips for keeping them nicer, longer? The car body and wheels get cleaned/waxed regularly, but the exhaust tips are neglected, I'm afraid.
Thanks! I went to a local custom exhaust shop. $120 to install both. Note, not having a T6, the tips on my XC60 were actually part of the exhaust pipe(just flared out). The exhaust shop cut back a portion of the flared out part of the exhaust pipes and welded on the the MagnaFlows over them.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

Best stuff on the market for polished exhaust tips. Been using it for over 7 years.
DANG! Based on the reviews, you may have saved me a couple hundred bucks! ;) Thanks!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
DANG! Based on the reviews, you may have saved me a couple hundred bucks! ;) Thanks!
Also great for getting any exhaust off of bumpers, if claybarred and waxed afterwards!

I do paint correction on the side, so I have a pretty good knowledge of the products that work!

Mine need a good polishing as well!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Also great for getting any exhaust off of bumpers, if claybarred and waxed afterwards!

I do paint correction on the side, so I have a pretty good knowledge of the products that work!

Mine need a good polishing as well!
Thanks again! This should help our one year-old C70 tips stay fresh and clean! It'll have its work cut out for it with our three year-old XC. The closest dealer is an ACE store just down the street. If they don't have it, I'll head for Wally World or Pep Boys!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Thanks again! This should help our one year-old C70 tips stay fresh and clean! It'll have its work cut out for it with our three year-old XC. The closest dealer is an ACE store just down the street. If they don't have it, I'll head for Wally World or Pep Boys!
If that doesnt work you can get a degreaser solution, and if THAT doesnt work, then you can absolutely get 0000 steel wool (thats 4 zeroes) and attack it with that. Just keep it in a similar direction as it will leave scuff marks, but it will look brushed when done, if only slightly.

Kevin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Back in the UK I used something called Autosol on my stainless exhaust. I think Peek polish is similar out here in BC: http://www.tripeek.com/

I'm thinking I'm going to go with a slash cut of some description. Maybe these from magnaflow

Just need to find someone near to me that can do it. And I'll probably destroy the S60 tips in the process unless any T6 owners fancy them!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Back in the UK I used something called Autosol on my stainless exhaust. I think Peek polish is similar out here in BC: http://www.tripeek.com/

I'm thinking I'm going to go with a slash cut of some description. Maybe these from magnaflow

Just need to find someone near to me that can do it. And I'll probably destroy the S60 tips in the process unless any T6 owners fancy them!
I would go with an oval look personally if i had the option. Also 3" tips. Looks agressive and aftermarket without looking *****/gaudy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
On top: OEM; bottom: Magnaflow

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Took 10PassionRed's advice on the Nevr-Dull(found it at AutoZone). I'd say results were 80% on the three year-old XC and 92.5% on the one year-old C70. Well worth the six bucks! ;) Perhaps a deeper cleaning is in order, but the tips look MUCH better now! I DO like those MagnaFlows, when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Took 10PassionRed's advice on the Nevr-Dull(found it at AutoZone). I'd say results were 80% on the three year-old XC and 92.5% on the one year-old C70. Well worth the six bucks! ;) Perhaps a deeper cleaning is in order, but the tips look MUCH better now! I DO like those MagnaFlows, when the time comes.
:) I guess I'm not the only anal one here, love your actual percentages ....:)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
:) I guess I'm not the only anal one here, love your actual percentages ....:)
:D :D :D
Well, I cheated a bit by averaging the two tips;). In both cases, the right side tip is more discolored and dull. I reckon there's a mechanical reason for that, but I'll just let that remain a secret for the gear-heads to keep.:cool:

I've been noticing exhaust tips in the last few days. Plenty of otherwise nicely detailed vehicles have neglected exhaust tips:eek:. For shame!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
If it didnt come off to your satisfaction I would grab some 0000 steel wool. It works really well, but you will need to apply a polish afterwords (flitz or the like).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts