SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been debating quite a bit over the KPax/ Elevate exhaust for some time and realised that the polestar exhaust costs the same. I do not know what exhaust has a larger diameter, but the elevate would need to be cut to put round tips on for my R design. It seems that the elevate crackles a little more and maybe sounds more throaty? I haven't heard either in person so I am wondering what you guys think. Looking forward to purchasing one this week.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went ahead and purchased a polestar exhaust with the black stone rear valence for my white r design. The Elevate exhaust would require cutting of the square tips and welding on additional round tips. I also have been wanting to wrap my rear bumper valence to black, but the polestar exhaust comes with it! I think I will be happy with this purchase. I will post a video once it is installed. Hopefully by weeks end.

·
Registered
312 Posts
You guys should post some pics and sound clips

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'll be taking some detailed interior and flyby videos once I receive and install it!
i just clicked the link to the polestar exhaust on your other thread and didn't realize the price wasn't too bad. Is this is bi-active exhaust? does it need to be programmed in to open the valve?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just clicked the link to the polestar exhaust on your other thread and didn't realize the price wasn't too bad. Is this is bi-active exhaust? does it need to be programmed in to open the valve?
I am going to find out Friday when I pull it out of the box to install. I think there are active baffles on it, I just dont know of you adjust them to a specific setting or there is indeed an active control module that comes with it. I'll keep you posted. I did see the exhaust for sale for like 1,100.00 on one of the dealer websites. The expensive part was shipping. Almost 200.00

·
Registered
775 Posts
I am going to find out Friday when I pull it out of the box to install. I think there are active baffles on it, I just dont know of you adjust them to a specific setting or there is indeed an active control module that comes with it. I'll keep you posted. I did see the exhaust for sale for like 1,100.00 on one of the dealer websites. The expensive part was shipping. Almost 200.00
Fairly certain there is a module included with the Polestar vehicles which controls this. Located within the shifter mechanism, when put into sport it opens all the time. I assume there is a pressure release within which allows it to open when you give it the beans, though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The Polestar performance site does not list the full active system with valves. Mainly because no (Non) Polestar cars have the wiring harness installed, and most certainly no software available to make them work.
My system is set to open all the time due to this issue. Only way to use the valves is via a remote controller etc.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thwy are Ferrita systems re marked as Polestar exhausts. One of the forum members stated that after the fact.. I am so pissed. But at least it fits, looks good, sounds a little better and really pulls a hell of a lot harder now.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After about 500 miles on the polestar exhaust kit, I am realizing that the sound is not bad at all for the car itself, you hear more of a deeper bass tone inside the car than outside, but will change the resonated y pipe to the non resonated pipe in order to get the sound I want here-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgSot9HRza0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef1skqH3PQI

These are sounds of the non resonated kit for the s60. That is exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately the XC60 kit came resonated. I'll probably buy the pipe next week, get an adapter from 3' to 2.5 inches and install.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Bump.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts