SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just went down to the local exhaust shop in Torrington and they told me that the muffler I have won't fit. It's a magnaflow 14219 3" in / 3" out which is what everyone seems to be using after countless hours of research. I also picked up a 12219 for the tunnel to reduce drone after reading some threads from R.Kelly. I have some 60 degree 3" mandrel bends and straight pipe that I picked up from extreme psi.com too. I'm basically looking for a cat back except I already removed the cat and resonator.

This is turning into a project because I've already bought 2 tips, which both have ended up being too big. They were supposed to be dual 3" exit but ended up being 3.5" exit. I would just use them but they just barely fit the cutout in the body kit and I'm sure will melt it.

I won't mention the names but I've called a few performance shops in CT before and I all get is them taking my number and saying they'll call me back which they don't. If they can't even call me back then I don't really want them working on the car.

Can someone please recommend a shop or person that will install my exhaust for me? I was planning on doing it myself but my welding skills aren't anything to brag about....

Here's what I have so far:
OBX downpipe w/ cat delete
Resonator delete with 3" straight pipe
Stock muffler and pipe from resonator delete back

By the way I have to say the OBX dp is the way to go. Best deal for the R by far. Excellent quality and easy to install. For the money it should be an unquestionable decision

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Vio-TT-R said:
Yes I did end up using that muffler and the exhaust shop told me the same thing....I then proceeded to tell them to, "Do It" and they did...Heres the pictures for orientation purposes. It can be done and has been done many times what they have to realize is once the exhaust reaches that point the heat has been lowered substantially therefore it can lay a lot closer to objects than anticipated.

Any Questions, let me know!

~Blake
This is my direct PM to Zack's R. It can be done, the exhaust shop just needs to grow some balls and step up to the plate. Show them these images and laugh at them when they say it can't be done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts