SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately my 2001 XC70 has been idling a little on the rough side (louder than normal). I was thinking it may be an exhaust leak, but you don't really hear it when you're driving. Wouldn't an exhaust leak likely drone at highway speeds? Also another strange thing is when you shift the car in reverse the car quiets done and the rough idle goes away.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
If it's an exhaust leak that is causing your rough running then I'd expect to see a CEL for O2 sensor or fuel trims. Possible areas that would leak are the manifold/head gasket (common), downpipe/turbo gasket (common), and manifold/turbo gasket (not common).

How are the motor mounts? Collapsed/weak mount can transmit NVH throughout the vehicle which can be mistaken for engine issues.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually just replaced the lower transmission torque mount (with an OEM)....which come to think of it was when i started to hear the sound. The upper mount is still stock.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome....i'll give that a check asap. I actually also added those poly subframe bushings recently as well. Maybe i need to re-torque those as well?

I think I probably need to check those as well.

Thanks so much for the help!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts