SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've re-flashed my ecu with the Elevate tune. Should I get the Down-pipe and catback as well? Do you think that I will see more power gains with that? I currently have a 2.25 in catback and the stock down-pipe. Thank you!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi!

You will definitely see more power gains if you upgrade. You car is then able to breathe better and your turbo is able to spool faster. I would also recommend upgrading your intercooler.

Have fun!

Cheers,

Bas

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
As stated, absolutely. A downpipe especially since that will allow the turbo to spool up faster.
The stock catback is very restrictive, so opening up flow helps and sounds better.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Surely this is dependent on which Elevate tune you have? If it's just the basic tune then it isn't set up to get the best from the DP and intercooler is it so will need a different tune after fitting these parts.

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
Surely this is dependent on which Elevate tune you have? If it's just the basic tune then it isn't set up to get the best from the DP and intercooler is it so will need a different tune after fitting these parts.
No, the tune adapts.

There are "stages" for different bolt ons. But we're only talking single digits of HP difference. I kept the same tune on my car when I had all stock parts, peak boost was 15psi.
Started adding things like a DP, FMIC, Intake, and the tune adapted and took me up to a steady 18psi.

The only reason you need to order a new tune from Elevate would be if you got different cams or a different turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts