SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the exhaust outside diameter for a Non-R V70? Looking to order some stainless steel exhaust pipe for a resonator delete. I was thinking it was 2.25" OD. But, it's dark and raining out, so I can't go out and measure.

·
Registered
17,681 Posts
I believe 2.5”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
So what / how much advantage is this, I see mention of them being removed, to me "usually" Resonators don't have baffles that would have additional back pressure or flow restriction BUT sounds like not the case here? In looking at some exhaust for the XC70 it looks like there are two behind the CAT, are you cutting out both and are you adding back a bung for an O2 sensor that I think I saw on a system. Also wet and rainy here, not a good day to inspect what I have on the car.

Thank You

·
Registered
58 Posts
On my 2002 Volvo S80 2,4l non turbo it is 60mm. I know it might bot be helpful at all since other car but mentioning it anyways. I will probably remove the center resonator on mine too. Wonder if it has any effect on the sound?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what / how much advantage is this, I see mention of them being removed, to me "usually" Resonators don't have baffles that would have additional back pressure or flow restriction BUT sounds like not the case here? In looking at some exhaust for the XC70 it looks like there are two behind the CAT, are you cutting out both and are you adding back a bung for an O2 sensor that I think I saw on a system. Also wet and rainy here, not a good day to inspect what I have on the car.

Thank You
No performance benefit. Just slight improvement in sound without pricey exhaust systems.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe 2.5”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, most of the exhaust looks like 2.5". However, on either side of the resonator it's closer to 2.35" to 2.4".

·
Registered
152 Posts
No performance benefit. Just slight improvement in sound without pricey exhaust systems.
Thank You, mine is very quiet, I will assume still stock, will take a look. I will keep looking at threads for freer breathing performance increases without going too overboard.

Regards

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You, mine is very quiet, I will assume still stock, will take a look. I will keep looking at threads for freer breathing performance increases without going too overboard.

Regards
If you want to improve exhaust flow, start with a new downpipe.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts