SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay from what I've read on here, a custom exhaust for my SR is the best option, but I don't have a shop that I really trust with that kind of work. Of the Elevate, TME, and ipd exhaust systems, which do you guys prefer? I know that they're about the same performance-wise, so my question is which system fits the best and gives the best sound. I'd like the exhaust note to be deep and somewhat aggressive, but the last thing I want is for it to be annoying/overpowering. Considering that i have an ipd DP, Snabb intake pipe, R Kelly intake, and a few other minor upgrades, which would be my best option? (Money isn't the determining factor here, quality is.)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in LA, which means that there are plenty of exhaust shops around, but a dearth of ones that can actually be trusted. If anyone knows of any good shops in the LA area, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Im not sure about the TME , as far as build quality IPD's is a work of art , beautifully crafted for sure. Too loud for my taste though, it is overpowering . May be taking mine back off:(

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I checked out Gene's Muffler's in Downey (Firestone near Paramount) and I liked the guy I talked to, he seemed willing and able to put a mandrel bend 2 1/2" system in my R. Thing is, I kind of like the look of the stainless steel dual (post resonator) exhaust pipes and around here it's aluminized steel city. Then you need to select a tip and a muffler etc. etc. and you won't know how the sound will be until it's all done. I ended up buying the TME system and had my indy install it. I've been happy with it, mellow during normal driving and a nice growl at wot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts