SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been asked before and sorry if im repeating but does anyone know about when it will be released and an estimated price for it. Also has anyone made any custom turbos for your R if so what was the hp gains.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (R_Rated)

hey sorry i am a newbie and i have just been looking for a good efficient way to get power out of my R and a turbo upgrade would be good i would want to wait for evolve but it will probably be out of my price range...can you point me in the direction of a turbo available now...i was looking at turbocalculator.com. thanks for the help

·
Registered
256 Posts

Urgh! Can't remember Richard's (from Svenkse Racing) last name. Must be the Benadryl. Anyway, the turbo he was going to be selling was put together by the folks at http://www.majesticturbo.com. I think they took the stock k24 turbo and replaced some of the internals with k26 parts. The resulting turbo was more efficient at higher boost levels and retained a stock appearance due to the fact that the stock housings were used. I think one of the last things that Richard talked about hear was that they did the rebuild in the area of $900.

My memory is fuzzy but if you're interested, everything should be in the archives.

George

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Re: (ghodge)

Quote, originally posted by ghodge »
Urgh! Can't remember Richard's (from Svenkse Racing) last name. Must be the Benadryl.

Richard Hunter

·
Registered
256 Posts

I thought R&R was supposed to be about 10 hrs according to Richard but Alamo or whoever was working on his car did it enough that they were able to shave off most of that time.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
went out and looked at it this morning..... I may be the first to have an aftermarket turbo up and running. I have a couple of things to check out but we shall see.

I wonder how well an upgraded turbo will work with the stock intercooler(s)?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

Quote, originally posted by R_Rated »
crap.... Johann, what did you have and how did you like it? No need to re invent the wheel if somone else did it sucsessfully already.

Kai also was running an aftermarket turbo.....I think either IPD or Evolve was responsible if I'm not mistaken. He's not around anymore so I dont know if you could track him down.

R_rated.....Johann was running the stock intercooler w/ a larger turbo for awhile w/ good results. Obviously a larger intercooler and larger turbo would be great. I hope you do get this done, I'll be soon to follow, just dont want to be the guinea pig on this one.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts

Quote, originally posted by R_Rated »
crap.... Johann, what did you have and how did you like it? No need to re invent the wheel if somone else did it sucsessfully already.

GT3071R turbo with Tial 38mm external WG, Ferrita 3" DP converted to fit the turbo and WG.
Stock IC, stock airbox, stock injectors.

It did 410- 420 HP at the crank with boost set to 20.3 psi at 7200 RPM.
Lot of work, steep learning curve, car was fast but kept feeling dull.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts

Parts converted were the alloy turbo to IC pipe, the manifold, the oil return line and the downpipe.
New parts added were the coolant lines and the oil feed, a Forge recirculation valve and a flange added to the intake of the turbo to fit the forge and the stock intake pipe.

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: (Johann)

You didn't answer the "dull" comment

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
One route that I am investigating whether or not I will be happy with is doing the K26 internals in the stock turbo. Do you have any thoughts or opinions on this? I have founf a couple different places that would be able to accomplish this.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
You didn't answer the "dull" comment

It didn't give a real rush. The car is heavy which can be noticed very well but this is probably also a reason which it doesn't really feel alive. The iPD sway changed that feel, it was more fun but still not what I wanted. The S60R is a tad more fun in this respect. Brake balance of the V is better though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.