SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: Evolve turbo intake (jdsr917)

I don't have the pipe, but I recall someone on here who got it saying that it has a couple spots that are dented on purpose to fit into the needed location. But I also know a few people who have received items damaged from Evolve. Hopefully Percy or someone else with it can chime in. Good luck.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I havent posted up my HOW TO yet, but I JUST installed this intake pipe on Sunday with help from the wife... lol (Ill explain later)

But yeah since having a cone filter, now adding this intake pipe has been even nicer, I personally feel like the lower end torque and pick up is quicker...

I do recommand this as a mod.

Rich

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yes,
It DOES have those dents for a reason.
I like the pipe, it does make a diff in sound, though not like a cone filter.
Dispite what people have said, I've still had nothing but good things to say about Evolve and Don... just wish my downpipe wouldve worked out

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (carreragt7)

Well i decided to install today and OMG 5 hours and i dont even think the pipe fir at all .... I ended up scratching the pipe to hell and i had to force it to fit... now i am concerned that the pipe will not stay in plus the screw was a B***CH to tighten as there was no room to get my hand in so yeah if this fails in the garbage and the end of evolve .....
Anyone else had problems with install ?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Re: (jdsr917)

Quote, originally posted by jdsr917 »
Well i decided to install today and OMG 5 hours and i dont even think the pipe fir at all .... I ended up scratching the pipe to hell and i had to force it to fit... now i am concerned that the pipe will not stay in plus the screw was a B***CH to tighten as there was no room to get my hand in so yeah if this fails in the garbage and the end of evolve .....
Anyone else had problems with install ?
my ebay pipe was installed in like two hour and fit perfect.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ebay pipe ?

and is your magnaflow muffler just the muffler ? if so can u hear it when u drive ... im considering flowmaster cause ppl say magnaflow is quiet

Modified by jdsr917 at 6:38 AM 5-16-2009

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update on the evolve pipe....

I have had to take my car in since the intake pipe did not fit correctly and as a result i ended up with a hole in it.....

So i have a shop fixing the pipe and making it fit.... another 50$ to make it right lets hope this is the end ......

·
Registered
9,124 Posts

What happend? Did it rub a hole into the pipe and if so how cheap is this aluminum lol?

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (ForceFed Motorsports)

Yeah the pipe fits "snug" and it ended up causing a gash in it on one of the metal tubes( i believe has something to do with AC since its ice cold)... But anyways the tube is crap the guy said the reason u can hear the intake inside the car with the evolve pipe is because it a "$5 piece of s**t" he said what make the pipe even feel storng is the HIGH Heat paint they wrapped it in, about 3 thick coats ....

So in the end he is making me a new one but he hasnt decided out of what yet so for now i got that crap on while he gets it made and he is charging me 40$ for the pipe....

o well cant win them all

Ill take some pics and post ...

·
Registered
9,124 Posts

Use 6061 aluminum, makes the cleanest welds and is very durable. I usually buy u bends from atpturbo.com since they are the cheapest and then you can pretty much fab up anything you would need by just cutting the u bend the angle you need. Thats what we use for intercooler piping http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

I could have called that they would use cheap ass aluminum

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.