SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
Re: Evolve PowerChip = Voided Warranty+Maintenance (matty429)

You said it all. That is pretty weak. Letter to Volvo of North America if you ask me. Maybe we can even get a petition going?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

Yeah, more details would be nice. Was maintenance even performed? All I see is that they did a wash at no charge and that's it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Evolve PowerChip = Voided Warranty+Maintenance (volvoNB)

Yeah maintenance was performed...I just scanned the bottom half of the invioce ..to save names and addresses...<p>I haven't quite decided what to do about this...<br>I think first I'll call volvo of Irvine and see if they want to take me on as a customer..<p>But yeah as far as I was concerned the scheduled maintenance is part of the price of the car....<p>"I'm sorry...you chipped you car...were going to need the seats and the passenger door back"<p>They didn't say anything about it...I didn't say anything about it....I didn't feel educated enough to argue.. I thought hummm, maybe my maintenance expired after 22000 miles..<p>So I went home and started doing my homework + posting on this forum, to see if this happened to anyone else...<p>I'll update the image to the full invoice...<p><br><i>Modified by matty429 at 8:04 AM 4-19-2006</i><p><br><i>Modified by matty429 at 8:08 AM 4-19-2006</i><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by matty429 at 8:09 AM 4-19-2006</i>

·
Registered
3,028 Posts

note to self... never take a chipped car into the dealer for any reason.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts

If I were you that dealer just lost a customer.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I decided to ask my dealer beforehand and they were cool with me chipping, exhaust, etc. I think it had a lot to do with me nearing the end of my factory warranty but they also made it clear that I might have problems if I took it to other dealerships.

·
Registered
547 Posts

Doesn't Evolve state that the chip is undetectable?<p>I also have had problems with dealers attempting to deny me services beause of the Evolve chip, I never voiced this on the forums but I did talk to Evolve about it and it went no where.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

At least they gave you the free service and didn't act like idiots about it.<p>They could have come out with both guns blazing- charging you for the service and yelling at you why that chip was a bad idea. I've been berated by mechanics about how stupid it is to modify your car and have had friends hear that it might be necessary to switch out major parts of my car to "fix the problem". <p>I would read the conditions over carefully before talking to the dealerships, you don't want to argue your position for them to slap the terms and agreement of the free service/warranty on the table, point to a section and shut you down. <p>You should try to talk to them before switching dealerships. Maybe they'll continue honoring the free maintenance as long as nothing is wrong with the ECU, turbo, etc. <br>

·
Registered
247 Posts
To me it makes no sense to stop your maintenance program. after all most of the free maintenance is oil changes, rotate tires, check this, check that.................ect,ect,ect and really has nothing to do with the oem ecu, seems crazy to me. i could see if they denied some kind of engine warranty work but basic free maintenance, that's crap!!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I thought that it was stated that the free maintenance had to be done within 1,000 miles of the specified interval. You were TOO EARLY for the 22,500 visit!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Re: (jackf)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>jackf</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought that it was stated that the free maintenance had to be done within 1,000 miles of the specified interval. You were TOO EARLY for the 22,500 visit!</TD></TR></TABLE><p>good catch, it makes sense now

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Re: (awd)

note to self don't take a car with a chip to the deal for any reason... free oil change with piss poor oil... um no thanks. <p>Also you warranty can't be voided, don't even worry about it, the part has to contribute to the failure and say it is your A/C that blows up, it is going to be hard for the dealer to show the arbitrator that a chip could cause that. Clutch, turbo, headgasket maybe by ABS... no.<p>Like I've said twice already, chipping if for guys that don't see anything "free" about an all day long cheap oil change, what does that cost like $25.00 at any monkey shop. Cost me about the same with real Amsoil 2000 oil and 10 minutes. <p>I just don't understand why somebody with a chip is too cheap or too lazy to just change the oil themselves or take it to the local monkey shop. Like dah the dealer is going to snoop around.

·
Registered
247 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>jackf</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought that it was stated that the free maintenance had to be done within 1,000 miles of the specified interval. You were TOO EARLY for the 22,500 visit!</TD></TR></TABLE><p><br>Ahhhhhhhh if they gave you a warning for comming in early for service that i could see but that has nothing to do with the ecu reflash

·
Registered
547 Posts
Re: (slo-vo)

Did they actually say to you that the reason they printed that vague verbage is because your car was chipped? I am a little confused because you are not being ver specific about what happened.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (awd)

Well a chip is the only mod I have...and I know they drove my car for a mile or so...<p>But yeah, the going early part might be the issue here..<p><br>

·
Registered
908 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>jackf</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought that it was stated that the free maintenance had to be done within 1,000 miles of the specified interval. You were TOO EARLY for the 22,500 visit!</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I think you are right regarding the reason it is a good faith service. However I thought the FSM was +/- 1500 miles, not 1000. Not that it matters, he brought his car in at 1700 miles before the scheduled service.<p>If the dealer is reimbursed by Volvo for the "free service," maybe the service department HAD to include that information as to why they did the service before it was due or risk not getting paid.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts