SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EVOLVE S60R/V70R Intercooler

To reiterate the details...I can arrange for prototype development upon expressed interest by the forum. Once we present a prototype to the forum, ETA is ~7 weeks and I will create a part number in our online store for everyone to place their order.

"Features & Benefits" per our R&D department.

Under $1000

More efficient than stock system and other "aftermarket" products.
More power is gained through increased charge air cooling capacity.

Entails simple bolt-on installation and uses factory mounting points. Does not require relocating current AC/Radiator/Intercooler components, true bolt-on, 2-5 hours, no other modifications needed.

Fits under stock bumper and EVOLVE Aerodynamic Front Bumper

No ECM flash is necessary, will work independently of software, upgraded or stock.

Modified by khays at 11:29 AM 2-15-2006

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: EVOLVE FMIC (khays)

List of those who would like to buy an EVOLVE FMIC given the above specifications. I've compiled this list from the last two threads. If I misunderstood anyone please tell me and I will subtract you from the list.

We have several people interested, I will get back to the forum Thursday with a date to expect a prototype (need to check with Don and our engineer).

Modified by khays at 11:44 AM 2-15-2006

Modified by khays at 5:00 PM 2-15-2006

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (R_Rated)

I'll get back with more information tomorrow regarding the one you mention.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts

keith -

sorry if you thought I signed up for something, didn't think I had. FMIC was contingent on climate of where I get stationed next, and I won't have my next assignment for at least 30 days.

But count me out regardless, I'm working with another engineer on building a do-it-yourself set-up using the Yonaka core http://www.yonaka.com/product_...olers . Preliminary indications show we should be able to do it with off-the-shelf parts for under $700, especially if we can get Yonaka cores for $329.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts

Quote, originally posted by khays »
To reiterate the details...I can arrange for prototype development upon expressed interest by the forum. Once we present a prototype to the forum, ETA is ~7 weeks and I will create a part number in our online store for everyone to place their order.

"Features & Benefits" per our R&D department.

Under $1000

Entails simple bolt-on installation and uses factory mounting points. Does not require relocating current AC/Radiator/Intercooler components, true bolt-on, 2-5 hours, no other modifications needed.

No ECM flash is necessary, will work independently of software, upgraded or stock.

Keith if you guys can hit those marks with some empirical data from dyno/road trials... You can add one other interested party.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Now I'm sure this will void your warranty, if a reflash will. I had a reflash and FMIC on installed on my Sti never a problem with my dealer.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Re: EVOLVE FMIC ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »
keith -

sorry if you thought I signed up for something, didn't think I had. FMIC was contingent on climate of where I get stationed next, and I won't have my next assignment for at least 30 days.

But count me out regardless, I'm working with another engineer on building a do-it-yourself set-up using the Yonaka core http://www.yonaka.com/product_...olers . Preliminary indications show we should be able to do it with off-the-shelf parts for under $700, especially if we can get Yonaka cores for $329.

How interesting...the Yonaka web site shows Alamo in Arlington, TX as one of their dealers. Deja vu...

·
Registered
148 Posts

I would be interested in knowing the size of the intercooler. The size cannot be very big if you do not need to move the AC condensor at all.

Will this be an add on or an IC replacement?

Is it really going to be more efficient then IPD's TME FMIC kit or even Svenske's kit that was installed in Sniz's car?

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: EVOLVE FMIC (TexasV70R)

Quote, originally posted by TexasV70R »
How interesting...the Yonaka web site shows Alamo in Arlington, TX as one of their dealers. Deja vu...

That's fascinating, but I have no intention of ever dealing with people in Texas again.

Quick google search showed this distributor selling the Yonaka speedemon and DE V70R are installing right now (from Svenske/Alamo) for only $329. http://www.9secondracing.com/p....html NOTE: Generic IC picture shown, but the part number is correct.

I wasn't going to go into details here because it is Keith's thread and thought it would be bad form to let people know there may be an off the shelf solution for less than $700 if Evolve is hoping to sell one for $1000. Only mentioned anything because he posted my name on a list as if I had committed to something.

But if your going to throw thinly veiled accusations my way, I'm happy to defend myself no matter whose thread it is.

Please look at conversation going on in this thread for more information...

http://forums.swedespeed.com/z...95741

·
Registered
2,026 Posts

You know I'm up for it Keith

And while I'm at it, might as well add the DP

Maybe Don can ship the CAI at the same time, unless he is planning some improvements

·
Registered
514 Posts

You can count me in, but before commit to anything, I would like to see the set up off the car as well as an installed semi-finished product, just to see what I'm getting. Also, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't want to purchase a stop-gap to an ideal intercooler solution. I can be a guinea pig if the price is right, and IMO many were with SvR, so with that said, give me some details and you can count me in. I'm definately interested!http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

E-mail me:

[email protected]

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
413 Posts
Re: EVOLVE FMIC (frankhoffy)

They will have to paint it red with ghost flames though!

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts

Quote, originally posted by khays »

This is my only concern. If I'm going to put any charge air temperature reducing mod on my vehicle, I want it to be the best available (within reason with regard to pricing). All the information I have at this point is that a front mount intercooler is the best solution for our vehicles. Your statement seems to indicate that whatever it is, it is definitely not a front mount intercooler.

I am in dependant upon a couple of factors:
1) I see proven (and significant) charge air temperature reduction capabilities, along with data to back it up.
2) I see a reasonable, and to a degree provable, argument that your solution performs better than a true FMIC.
3) This must all be accomplished without the ingestion of any type of substance into the intake that would require my refilling it. I don't want my vehicle's performance to suffer dependant upon the level of some substance (i.e. watermist injection, etc.).
4) I do not want to have to make any body work adjustments to my hood. Until you guys release your CAI assembly that works through the hood vent, I'm not cutting my hood.

If you can meet all 4 of these requirements, I'm in.

·
Registered
86 Posts

I definitely will be in the market for a FMIC solution this summer. My concerns are as others. How will it compare with what we might otherwise invest in? A bolt on solution sounds good but as with others I would pay more if I had to and remove the original stuff if it produced a significant difference. Anyways I am interested depending on what the end results comes to.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Re: EVOLVE FMIC (pioneer)

I am definitely interested. I personally want the CAI setup first, but would like to hear more about your FMIC too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: EVOLVE FMIC (hayabusa02)

I'm also very interested; but not yet committed. I'd need to see information in the form of dyno proven gains and a detailed testing & development report. Photo's and feedback would also be good.

Please pursue this! I'm OK with the sub $1k price point.

Mark

1 - 20 of 29 Posts