SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car loaded up today with 4 adult males. Coming into the parking lot the back part of my exhaust scraped a little. I've also had a few occasions where I could not clear road obstructions without hitting the exhaust. There's not a lot of ground clearance under there.

How durable are these things anyway? Should I look into ways of raising it up somehow?

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: (KillerB)

By the way, I work with a bunch of stiffs. I think I'm the only one in the office who likes fast cars and loud music.

I'm going to try to take a picture tonight. My camera phone won't send!

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (JonnyEnglish)

Quote, originally posted by JonnyEnglish »
I guess Frank has 450lbs of stereo equipment too

I balanced it out by dropping the spare and hardware. I'd like to weigh the car sometime to see where I'm at.

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Evolve exhaust owners--how's your ground clearance? ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »
What are you talking about? Doug has at least 3" of ground clearance with no one in the car... (empty car, Evolve Springs/Evolve Exhaust - Note it is about the same ground clearance as the profile of his tires, well below the suspension).

Just because it drops to like 2" with people in the car doesn't make it a bad idea...

His looks pretty much the same as mine. I just hit it at a bad angle I guess. Plus, the guys in the back weren't exactly thin. The guy directly behind me said it felt like it was right under his feet.

I don't think this is something I will throw money at. Just wondering how the others were faring out there.

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Re: Evolve exhaust owners--how's your ground clearance? (frankhoffy)

By the way, this issue has been resolved. When I got my DP and stright pipe in, the dealer was able to center the exhaust a little better. I gave them the photos that Evolve provided here: http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=57058

All is well now. Installation issue, not an Evolve issue.

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Re: Re: (LOTR)

Quote, originally posted by LOTR »
How is the creaking and groaning sway bar noises since the Evolve fix, now you have some miles?

Going to be fixed next week. Don sent me what I needed today.

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Re: Re: (KillerB)

Quote, originally posted by KillerB »
Evolve has 2 ring type clamps for the rear. That's the fix for the back.

And I may have to grind off a bit of the front sway bar, if there was any contact with the lower control arm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.