SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know that there have been posts concerning this but i still have a few questions about Evolve's exaust system. I figured it'd be easier to start a new post than drag up the old one...so please don't kill me search guru's.

So I believe the general concensus was that 3 inches is too big for our cars, (and Oldman had a very imaginative gymnasium explanation to help visualize it) but has anyone that actually has the system installed experienced any problems. Detonation was brought up as being a reason for concern, but being a complete newbie, I'm not quite sure what was meant by that. Are we talking backfiring like u see in racing cars or engine pinging? If it's exaust backfiring i can somewhat understand the reason for that, but if it is engine pinging, could someone please explain how this would happen.

Finally, I'd really like to hear from some people that have had the Evolve exaust system installed for a while to get some actual real world evidence as to whether these problems are strictly theoretical or if these problems are showing up in the real world.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
217 Posts
Re: Evolve Exaust (SkiErSTIZZ)

have the evolve exhuast since Jan, no prob at all. they sound great too.
I have the ppc stage I right now with the evolve exhuast, no probs,
I will install the 3"DP very soon(need to find a time to get my car in the shop) and run with BSR stage III program.I am sure even if there is a prob, like detonation, it will not be the cause of cat-back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.